• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House customization bug

Miretar

Journeyman
I can’t place any floor tiles. Everything else seems to be working.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You havent by chance toggled through the invisible walls section have you? It can make it so you dont see floor tiles, but can see walls/roof tiles.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its happened to me on test. Close out UO and restart it, you should have no problem. It seems to me it does it on the back part of the floor.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very vague post, or I"ve had too much wine. What do you mean "you can't place any floor tiles" ? When you select the floor tiles choice, and click on the blank floor nothing happens ? You can't select the floor tiles option at all ? When you go into customization mode a message pops up that says, "Sorry, you can't use floor tiles at this time?". Which is it ?

Miretar

Journeyman
Very vague post, or I"ve had too much wine. What do you mean "you can't place any floor tiles" ? When you select the floor tiles choice, and click on the blank floor nothing happens ? You can't select the floor tiles option at all ? When you go into customization mode a message pops up that says, "Sorry, you can't use floor tiles at this time?". Which is it ?
When I selectEd the floor tile choice & try to place nothing happened,

Just restarting did not help. I ran the file check and that fixed it—sort of. I can place floor tiles, but:

When I restore the design from backup half of the tiles on the first floor are missing. Please do not say: “You must have forgotten to backup.”

I backed up. Left to do something. Restored the design. Replaced the missing tiles. Worked on the second floor of the house. Backed up. Logged out. Logged in. Restored the design. The second floor was fine. The first floor was once again missing half of the tiles.

It seems that the something or someone must be creeping into the house & steal the tile.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to be honest with you the house system has bugs in it.

What client are you using?

I tend to jump from CC to EC when doing the house setups.

There is a issue I have seen where placing floor tiles on the 2nd floor delete tiles on the 1st floor I have had it happen in EC do not think I seen it in CC.

Miretar

Journeyman
to be honest with you the house system has bugs in it.

What client are you using?

I tend to jump from CC to EC when doing the house setups.

There is a issue I have seen where placing floor tiles on the 2nd floor delete tiles on the 1st floor I have had it happen in EC do not think I seen it in CC.
CC