• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Customization bug

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently a friend of mine went into house customization mode and lost a painting on the wall when he came out. It wasn't in the moving crate, on the ground, or under the house. By the time the GM came, they said it was gone. The painting had been locked down for months.

Is this an isolated event or are there common problems with items going poof? I don't want the same thing to randomly happen to something I own when I try and re-design my house :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, I'm pretty much terrified to go into customize mode anymore, even the few isolated reports scare me and with your stuff, Laina, no way would I risk it

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah that is what I am afraid of :(

Any tips for how to place things over water or lava tiles? (I used to just flip in and out of custom mode and change the tiles so that I could place an item and then just go back into custom mode and change it back to water).

T

Tazar

If you are on the roof of the house - you can place a ladder to climb up over the water tile and place a goza mat by targeting yourself. Place the item on the mat - lock the item down - then chop the mat.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you - I will try that!! I hope it works on the lower floors as well...I kinda went a little out of control on the whole water theme in my new houses/museum.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, I'm pretty much terrified to go into customize mode anymore, even the few isolated reports scare me and with your stuff, Laina, no way would I risk it
I completely forgot about the customization bugs and spent the last month going into and out of customize mode without any ill-effects (that I noticed anyway). I didn't take any precautionary steps, left all the house addons and everything where they were and just went nuts on a full customization (i.e. wiped the design and started from scratch). But doesn't mean you'll have the same good fortune so don't get mad at me if you try and something bad happens. :oops: Having said that, for my next design I am removing everything to a temporary house just to be safe.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I think I am just going to have to play it safe...no more customizing for me once the items enter back into the house.

I may have to hire one of you though to help place objects where I want them ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all but one of my houses are in Skara Brae, and I've got a pretty quirky one there... for reasons unknown to me it sometimes refuses to recognize any customizing I do on the east half of the house ... for instance, this morning I tried to rebuild the front steps and erased the ones that were there, well, tried to.... the image did not go away, new steps would not place, the eraser acted as tho there was nothing there and nothing but a complete closing of the client would fix it... the last time I attempted to redesign this place the entire east half, all floors, refused to recognize anything I was doing, even closing the client didn't help.. could build anything I wanted on the west half, but nothing would stick on the east.. and yep, home is properly placed

so yeah, I'm pretty leery of doing anything with items stashed in this particular house... thankfully the new plot nearby is empty and I have room to shift things around, but once my houses are done (ha! said that like I meant it, didn't I??) that's what I'll be stuck with for some time