• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Builder??

C

CaptainOfWL

I was wondering where to get a house builder tool. where u can create houses and all that without having to be on uo, like a example project thing. HouseBuilder only works for normal UO players and i play private servers.. so i need it for all. please help.

K

Kurgan

House Builder

You can get it here.
But I will not re-write the program to work on private servers.
If it works great.
If not then I am sorry.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm isn't that a 3rd party program? If it is then its not approved by UO hence would be against the rules to use it.

K

Kurgan

This program has been around for many years. EA/OSI knows about it. All it does is refrence the UO graphics the same way InSideUO does.
It s not mess with the data stream at all.
Hence EA/OSI will not do anything about this program.
I even think a few of them use it..

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not used ingame.... it's like playing dollhouse on your computer :D

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not used ingame what is the point of using it? Just customize and build. All you do is waste time with an extra program changing walls floors doors etc. Spend the same time in game doing that. Then in the end you don't need to copy your design to ingame.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not used ingame what is the point of using it? Just customize and build. All you do is waste time with an extra program changing walls floors doors etc. Spend the same time in game doing that. Then in the end you don't need to copy your design to ingame.
You may not have a house plot to play around with, or are playing around with ideas for someone else, may not be able to customize your own house because it will mess up deco etc. There are lots of reasons to use the program. It also has access to tiles that you don't have ingame so it's fun to play around with that way.

K

Kurgan

You may not have a house plot to play around with, or are playing around with ideas for someone else, may not be able to customize your own house because it will mess up deco etc. There are lots of reasons to use the program. It also has access to tiles that you don't have ingame so it's fun to play around with that way.
This is the main reason it is around.
To make a hosue of your dreams offline. So you will not mess up your real house.
Once you have the house the way you want it. Save it out as an image file JPG, BMP.

If you decide to make the house. Just bring up your image and start making your real house.

Less time building your house in-game. And more time gaming..

If you choose not to use it. That is your choice.
It is freeware after all....

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of the best progs. around and I use to use it all the time until I "lost" it.
How glad i was to have found it again, unfortunately I can't get it to run anymore, Oh well back to the drawing board.

K

Kurgan

Mike of Ameraust

What issue are you having with it?

Are you running XP or Vista?

Let me know.

K

Kurgan

CaptainOfWL

I have heard that TLL is down for a bit of work. Should be back soon..

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im running XP and as soon as i run it , i get "encountered an error message".

Probably not information here to help you, but is all I vcan tell you at the moment, and ive downloaded and installed it 3 times :)

D

Dai FHA

i find it rather helpfull to just go to test and play with designs then if you dont like it no harm to your existing one ;-)