• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Builder is Back..

G

Please don't take offense, but how do we know this is a safe download?

K

Kurgan

True, But House Builder has been around for about 4yrs now. Many people love making house's like I do. This program was made for this sole purpose. To make house's offline. That way you will have more time to play the game, instead of building a house online. With House Builder, you make it all offline, save it as a JPG. Then load up UO, and copy your design. Knowning where each wall, floor, roof tile will go. If you are curious about it, ask around. Tons of people here have used it in the past.
If you have questions please let me know.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOOHOO thanks Kurgan! This is an AWESOME Program, glad to see it back

G

I've never had an issue with any HB downloads, but it's a fair question.

Suggestion ... and this is what I do. Download to (preferably) another disk drive ... different spindle completely. At a minimum, a specific folder on your drive.

Using any AV/malware product(s) you choose, exercise the most detailed and rigorous scan of that file location. I suggest using more than one product to insure that you have not gotten any surprises.

G

I'm sorry I have a quick question. Does this program give you the ability to build "pretend" houses on your computer so you can try different designs before you change your actual house?

thx

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes..
You can make any house style you want offline.

[/ QUOTE ]Ok, I'm a ******. I should have read your entire original response and I wouldn't have needed to ask my last question.

I apologize.

G

I was really excited when I saw this. Sadly, I cannot seem to make it run. It may just be my lack of computer savvy. My husband JUST left for work so I guess I have to wait till late tonight for him to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I'm really looking forward to trying this!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was really excited when I saw this. Sadly, I cannot seem to make it run. It may just be my lack of computer savvy. My husband JUST left for work so I guess I have to wait till late tonight for him to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I'm really looking forward to trying this!

[/ QUOTE ]You are probably having a problem with the "extraction" of the files. I tried several until I found the proper one.

G

Well, I have this large window in the center of my monitor that's got the picture and title "House Builder". There's no way to run it. There's no way to make the window go away. It won't run/launch/play whatever you want to call it.

That's why I thought I would just wait for my husband.

I'm great with Word and Spreadsheets. But my husband has been so possessive about the rest of the computer's functions that I have forgotten everything I once knew. I can't even put into words what the problem is.

I think it was something with the extraction. But there was no way to make it extract properly. Or whatever. I'm going to stop now before I make myself look stupid, because I'm really not. Just sheltered from the workings of the computer.

G

Just an update. It's running now. My husband fixed it in less than 2 minutes. Called me a silly girl and gave me a kiss. Ok, so you didn't need to know about the kiss.

K

Kurgan

I am glad it is up and running, any questions please let me know..

Kiss info... TMI but cute...

G

I have down loaded this program a few times and found it to be very safe. I have never had a problem of any kind. You can trust Kurgan.

The only issue I have is getting the roofs to look right. I hope this latest download fixed that.

G

Kurgan,

With the inability to build on test I have been happily trying out your house builder program... and quite frankly I love it... Except on minor detail..... Ra'Dian insists that the new High Council building be made in that ugly marble you call white marble... he calls it the tan marble.... however I can not find the arches for the marble.... I know there are some in game as I and he have used them... however they are quite saddly NOT in your housebuilder program... at least not the version I downloaded. Is this an oversight???? OR am I just missing something?

K

Kurgan

Sorry for the delay, Let me take a look tonite when I get home. If they are missing. I will update the program tonite.

G

Thank you. Perhaps I'm blind but I looked and looked and looked for them but they were no where to be found.

K

Kurgan

OK took a look.
I think you might be taking about SandStone Bick Walls.
As they are Tan. And the Arches are in there.

Walls/SandStone Bick Walls

Let me know if this is what you are looking for..

G

No it's not the sandstone.... It's the marble...... not the bluer marble but the more baige.... or tanish marble... and the arches are not there.