• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Bug?

G

Since the update I've been pushing for 120 smith to get the nice bod bonus. I started at 103.2 smithing the wondrous circlets and all was fine until 107.3, then I hit what I thought was a wall. 500 circlets later still no gains, I decided to relocate to Brit, within 5 swings I got a gain, and gains continued fairly regularly. Next day at 109 same thing, 500 swings at home no gain, I move to luna smithy gains come fairly regularly. Next day I logged in after my GGS timer and got my ggs gain at home, figured that might fix the dry spell, but no luck (500 swings no gain). I'm currently at 115.3 so getting there, it just irks me that I can't do it in the convenience of my own home.

This happen to anyone else ever? BTW my home is in Malas if that explains anything.

Rey~

A

AlanofCats

This is going to sound waaaay out there but are you facing north in your home?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been my experience that the higher levels of smithing and tailoring, that you can hit some pretty long dry spells.

Players claim all kinds of magical ways to get through them from killing yourself to simply randomizing what you are crafting. Whatever works for you.

G

if moving around is working for you then keep up with it.

G

If it was a single dry spell I'd figure it was just that, but it was 3 dry spells that I couldn't recreate anywhere else. 3x500 swings runs with only the 1 ggs gain, where as smithing in Luna/Brit my longest dry spell was under 200 swings. Currently at 118.4 and figure to hit 120 tonight

Rey~

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost every one of my Smiths hit an extended dry spell between 105 and 120. After around 30 minutes, I change from the Royal Circlets to Plate Legs. That little extra difficulty usually springs a gain within a minute or two. Then it's back to Royal Circlets.

Btw, I've trained them all in my house (not that it makes a difference) facing North (doesn't make a difference either as far as I can tell). I have 8 Legendary Smiths. 4 have been trained up since December, and I'm working on number 5 right now (about an hour a day).