• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hotbars drop FPS significantly

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upgraded my video card recently, using Shadowplay to display my FPS.

Made a new character, 100% clean UI using Pinco's.

Starting at 95 frames per second. Added 4 hotbars with 12 buttons, dropped 10 frames per second.

Added another 8 hot bars. Down to 60 frames per second.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think ur damn right, coz i lag way less on my dexer who has less hotbars than my mage

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I think the source of 90% of performance issues is probably related to hotbars.

I re-did my mage last night. All my spells are now in macros (as you would do if you were in Classic Client.) Still running at 90 FPS.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I think the source of 90% of performance issues is probably related to hotbars.

I re-did my mage last night. All my spells are now in macros (as you would do if you were in Classic Client.) Still running at 90 FPS.
Have u tryed to do those tests without using pinco's UI?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have u tryed to do those tests without using pinco's UI?
I have. I can't replicate this FPS drop without Pinco's UI. This is only with Pinco's UI.

I've already begun changing all my character's layouts to not use hotbars anymore. The only thing I use hotbars for now is consumables, and the default hotbar.

I've looked into the scripts a while ago and I remember seeing large blocks of code looping endlessly through hotbars.

I can currently obtain 90FPS with Pinco's while streaming. This is up from 20FPS.

EDIT: Correction, I have another hotbar that I need with 2 buttons showing primary and secondary attack so I know if it's toggled or not.

Last edited: