• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Horrible lag

D

DGLita

Lag is very bad today in EALand, and im getting very many more avatar leasing errors.

Lag is never normally an issue for me, even when other players say they are lagging. Whats going on?

G

I was on late last night and noticed the same thing. I never have lag anymore but I was getting it in a bad way last night.

G

I'm in TC3 and EAland and not having trouble with lag at all in either.

E

ephemeral

I think many of us have just accepted that EALand is going to forever be plagued by bigtime lag and that EA has no intention of addressing the issue. I posted about this last week in the Technical board and it didn't even warrant a response.

Get used to the stop 'n go motion, the 5 minute landings, etc.--it looks like it's here to stay.

G

or maybe it's your connection. When this was posted i was in EAland and TC3 and asked around if anyone was having lag probs, and everyone in the house i was at, in both cities said it was fine for them.

Your isp server may be on the slow side or the connection (path) you are going through to get to the EA server might be slow or long.

G

I have to agree that lag has been an issue for me, and not just for me. Most of my friends that I play with also experience lag to some degree or another. It's not always at the same time as myself, but we do. I've also been in houses that are near capacity (25 or more sims on the lot) and everyone is lagging badly. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Seems to depend on the lot, the day, and the number of sims.

I also have not previously had issues with lag at all. when I played my CC sim, I may have occasionally had a day when I may have lagged, but it was always when there were overall issues with the servers or when others were also having issues.

So, I'm really thinking that it's an issue with EALand somehow.

I do hope the issue is addressed at some point. Because it's a real drag.

P

Pami

Hi All ! I get to 50% when going to a property and than i get the lease avatar leasing error. HELP!!!!!!

G

I've been to 3 properties in EA Land tonight, and all are experiencing lag. I usually only experience the normal "door" lag, but tonight is exceptionally bad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been to 3 properties in EA Land tonight, and all are experiencing lag. I usually only experience the normal "door" lag, but tonight is exceptionally bad.

[/ QUOTE ]I experienced unusual bouts of lag at my house in EAL earlier this evening, but the other people on the lot said they weren't experiencing any at all. On the other hand, I've been experiencing a lot of slow connections to websites the past couple of days - mainly sites whose servers are located in the northern and eastern parts of the US. So I'm thinking there is some significant network congestion going on within the US, and has nothing to do with EA.

I

imported_ananueva

I lagged so badly in EaLand today that the owner of the property had to kick me out, lol. I have DSL through my telephone company so not sure.

P

philw1

I have cable and was getting horrendous lag. When i tried to change lots I got stuck at 16% trying to land and eventually it times out.

G

have any of you tried doing a trace route to see if it's the path you are taking to the EA server? It could be that a switch somewhere in the path is busy and it's not EA's fault, it does happen.

G

I cant even get into a city right now, properties take forever, I have a brand new computer and everyone is saying the same thing.. I am so dang frustrated. This is rediculous, we can't even play the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

have any of you tried doing a trace route to see if it's the path you are taking to the EA server? It could be that a switch somewhere in the path is busy and it's not EA's fault, it does happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please explain this for those of us that are computer challenged? How do you "trace route"?

G

from the command prompt *little black window box* type in

tracert www.ea.com (hit enter)

it will come back with the path you take to get to EA.com if any of the numbers go over 100 or you get a request time out there is a bottle next which is slowing down your connection there.

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

from the command prompt *little black window box* type in

tracert www.ea.com (hit enter)

it will come back with the path you take to get to EA.com if any of the numbers go over 100 or you get a request time out there is a bottle next which is slowing down your connection there.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the bottleneck is upline, what can be done. We have no control over the path that is used to connect. Lag was never a regular issue for me in the legacy cities--only since I started playing in EA-Land. It seems that at least half the people in EA-Land are experiencing this lag...it doesn't make any sense. If the route (which can't be controlled by the end user) is going to always cause this type of lag (when it didn't before)--it implies that there is something going on with EA-Land. If EA-Land runs in such a way as to make it prone to lag, then it's a problem that needs to be addressed by EA. It's going to cause a lot of people to turn away from the game because the game can't be played effectively (it's no dang fun) when hit with serious lag.

Furthermore, as I mentioned above my previous comments regarding lag were not addressed by either the Stratics mods or the any of the EA people. It appears that there is no intention to even address the issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Furthermore, as I mentioned above my previous comments regarding lag were not addressed by either the Stratics mods or the any of the EA people. It appears that there is no intention to even address the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]Ummm... One mod did respond... in this very thread even.

But, seriously - my previous comments notwithstanding - it's a well-documented fact that certain aspects of the game are running on old equipment that was perfectly adequate before, but cannot handle the strain of all the new traffic. The devs have commented about this frequently, and Lee stated that they are working on getting new hardware. So, your statement that the EA people haven't addressed the issue is not quite true.

And, for the record, Stratics staff do not control EA's internet connection any more than anyone else here does.

G

well depending on where the slow spot is. you can call your internet supplier and see if they can reroute you. I'll be honest that most likely they aren't going to do it for one customer, but if they see a given area is causing their network trouble they will reroute.

Sometimes bringing it to their attention lets them know their own equipment is not working up to par. If nothing else it will show you that it's not EA's problem, but then again maybe it's just easier to blame EA, after all we are all tired of blaming Bush for everything. Now did i mean the President or that company that makes beer, of which maybe i drank too much?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TTL

Perhaps the planned migration of cities to the East coaster servers will solve some of the lag issues.

Seems to me, they are working on the problems

G

lol i was going to say maybe they began streaming some of the data from the west coast server to the east coast server and that's what was slowing things down, but gee that would just create another excuse for a gripe, but then again they have to hear it from the devs so they wouldn't believe me lol

Oops IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT, which they said wouldn't begin until this week so forget what i just said!!!! and if all else fails... Pari could always bring the tapes from the west coast to the east coast... visit with some old friends, have the data loaded that way, and then return home all rested and refreshed from the visit.
hey if we don't put out ideas, we can't say we didn't try.