• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

horrible flooding in WV

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
hey guys Dixie here, i know ive been away enjoying the summer but i wanted to let you guys know that WV has been hit extremely hard with flooding. a whole lot of people have lost everything they own. people are begging for food and clothing. if you belong to a church group , or have a little extra $ or clothing....pet food also "lots of the shelters are so overwhelmed from this" please find it in your hearts to help these proud people. I am fine, thankfully the flooding didnt hit the southern counties quite like it did the others. but there are so so many in need right now. if your close and would like to help with clean up here is a link Volunteer West Virginia: The State's Commission on Community Service and you can find places to drop off food and such on links on our local news site West Virginia, Ohio & Kentucky | News Weather Sports | WSAZ thanks all in advance blessed be my friends!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
hey guys Dixie here, i know ive been away enjoying the summer but i wanted to let you guys know that WV has been hit extremely hard with flooding. a whole lot of people have lost everything they own. people are begging for food and clothing. if you belong to a church group , or have a little extra $ or clothing....pet food also "lots of the shelters are so overwhelmed from this" please find it in your hearts to help these proud people. I am fine, thankfully the flooding didnt hit the southern counties quite like it did the others. but there are so so many in need right now. if your close and would like to help with clean up here is a link Volunteer West Virginia: The State's Commission on Community Service and you can find places to drop off food and such on links on our local news site West Virginia, Ohio & Kentucky | News Weather Sports | WSAZ thanks all in advance blessed be my friends!
I was hoping we'd hear from you, Dixie. It's good to know you are ok! *hugs*

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was hoping we'd hear from you, Dixie. It's good to know you are ok! *hugs*
thank ya mam =) *hugs* im good. been rescuing critters, taking pics, catching lightning bugs and making new flower beds lol. we are a bit further south than the counties that got hit real hard, but man alive it looks like a bomb went off in some places. FEMA approved like 5 more counties yesterday for assistance, thankfully.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
thank ya mam =) *hugs* im good. been rescuing critters, taking pics, catching lightning bugs and making new flower beds lol. we are a bit further south than the counties that got hit real hard, but man alive it looks like a bomb went off in some places. FEMA approved like 5 more counties yesterday for assistance, thankfully.
Praying for all affected. I never lived in West Virginia, but my mother was born in Princeton.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a couple of weeks I would suggest .. "Peaks of Otter" and "the blue ridge parkway"... depending on what part of the state ya coming too... Williamsburg is also awesome... (actually Colonial Williamsburg). Just about anywhere you go in Virginia is either a Civil War National Park or a Revolutionary War Site.

if you are into amusement parks then "Kings Dominion" (near Richmond) and "Bush Gardens" ( Williamsburg)