• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hope Ya'll R Safe in Florida

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget Deadbob and Tang on the West Coast. They decided to stick it out. Last contact with them was the 9th. Crosses fingers everyone is back to normal soon!
Had I been thinking right, DeadBob & Lady Tang should of been the 1st names I mentioned. They prob got saw some of the worst of it where they live.
In my defense, I was posting from my laptop on wifi - both generator powered. My power came back on abt 4 hrs ago. :banana:

DeadBob - take good care of Mi' Lady Tang or I'm commin' for ya !:arr:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm up in Kentucky, and I've had to worry about friends in the area (one guy I've been friends with for 20 years works as a security guard in Tampa/St. Pete), while my local friends had parents or children in the Naples area.

Today, it never got above 60, and we started getting rain from Irma all the way up here - and they expect it to rain for days. I live on the floodplain inside of a hollow a county northwest of where "Justified" was set. Heavy rain is never good news, as this happened two years ago. That was my driveway, and the water got into the crawlspace under the house 2015-07-15 18.20.41.jpg ....

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today, it never got above 60, and we started getting rain from Irma all the way up here - and they expect it to rain for days.
It still amazes me how large Irma was/is. Bands were hitting Atlanta Ga while she was still in central Fla. She truly is the biggest storm we've ever seen by far.

Many of us got lucky she decided to land where she did instead early projections of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And Florida escaped far worse, because dry air started feeding into the backside, and disrupted much of the effect that would have caused worse surges and rain as the SW quadrant came ashore.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Had I been thinking right, DeadBob & Lady Tang should of been the 1st names I mentioned. They prob got saw some of the worst of it where they live.
In my defense, I was posting from my laptop on wifi - both generator powered. My power came back on abt 4 hrs ago. :banana:

DeadBob - take good care of Mi' Lady Tang or I'm commin' for ya !:arr:
I last heard from DB on Sept 9th. They are in Naples and were riding it out in a concrete townhouse. I believe 100% they are all fine, a bit wet and peeved with out power. Knowing Bob, he set out the pirate ship and rum. :arr::pirate::party: