• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hooks Shield?

mihali

Sage
Can this shield be used by Gargs, or changed to Garg shield? Ty in advance. (Don't want to spend gold on VS on it, then get disappointed)

mihali

Sage
Nice.
How many pirate ships you would need to beat to get 200 doubloons for the shield? (Approximately).
Also Tokuno ships are faster than Orc ones?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice.
How many pirate ships you would need to beat to get 200 doubloons for the shield? (Approximately).
Since they are 200,000 Doubloons and you only get Mythic Crates (10,000 Doubloons) from Beacons, It would take 20 solo beacons to get them or approximately 1 bazillion pirate ships.

Best to do beacons with others. Each player (up to 8) gets a mythic crate from a beacon.

Grandmaster QualityExalted QualityLegendary QualityMythical Quality
Doubloons100 - 200500 - 600~1000 - 1100~10000 - 10100

Ships only give the 3 lower crates. so 200 ships that have a Legendary crate. Less than a bazillion I suppose but it would seem that many.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't listen to Allen pirating is a great time you will never need to mine or lumberjack again. you get refinements which sell very well. dread pirates train like crazed mages the benefits just go on

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't listen to Allen pirating is a great time you will never need to mine or lumberjack again. you get refinements which sell very well. dread pirates train like crazed mages the benefits just go on
I do it a lot. It is fun. I just don't tell someone they can get 200,000 points by sinking ships in a reasonable amount of time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice.
All ships now travel at the same speed, except row boats, Orc ships do 150% cannon damage, so they don't travel faster, but they do sink ships and beacons faster. A bard running discord songs can also significantly impact cannon damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All ships now travel at the same speed, except row boats, Orc ships do 150% cannon damage, so they don't travel faster, but they do sink ships and beacons faster. A bard running discord songs can also significantly impact cannon damage.
Which discord song increases cannon damage to a ship? Does it increase damage to beacons?

I know Inspire increases the cannon damage to beacons but not ships.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannon Damage to Plunder Beacons can be increased via Evil Omen (+25%), Provocation Mastery "Inspire" ability (up to +15%), and Discord Mastery "Tribulation" proccing off of the cannon damage. Hitting the Plunder Beacon with Armor Pierce will also increase Cannon Damage by +10% within 3 secs.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hitting beacon with thrower (I use Banshee cyclone) also increase cannon damage sometimes. I think it is somehow connected with velocity .

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FYI the Tokuno ship gives you a + 1 to Fishing bonus...
Not being a jerk here as I don't fish much... what does that actually mean/do? Is that like saying your fishing is at 120 + 1 = 121 or is that something to do with using fish boat or something?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Way to small of a hold
Use commodity deeds for fish you have too much. I like Tokuno ships to fish : they are small and I can stay/fish near hold to drop all the fish /ore in the trunk without moving anywhere.
Brit ship is just too big .
Also I don't want to loose Brit ship if I will accidentally forget it in the water .

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not being a jerk here as I don't fish much... what does that actually mean/do? Is that like saying your fishing is at 120 + 1 = 121 or is that something to do with using fish boat or something?

Given the extremely low chances of getting the rarer fishes... Yes it is worth everything for a slight increase in chance.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Just finished 2 beacons , 1 pirate and one garg merchant.
And spent more than one hour to get gear for my pirate hunters scattered over all my other toons.
Tomorrow will be more. This is actually first time I did it in Fel : it is way easier to track ships and beacons than in Tokuno.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just finished 2 beacons , 1 pirate and one garg merchant.
And spent more than one hour to get gear for my pirate hunters scattered over all my other toons.
Tomorrow will be more. This is actually first time I did it in Fel : it is way easier to track ships and beacons than in Tokuno.
Loot the holds and you will never need to make cannon supplies again after you sink a few Orc Ships.

Gate friends to the beacon and let them take a cannon shot or 2 so they can get a mythic cargo also. Sometimes they will drop it on deck if they don't want it.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You might pop ten before you find one to sell you gotta pop in tokuno incase they want bushido or ninja then you gotta spam general chat as you can't place on magincia vendor

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You might pop ten before you find one to sell you gotta pop in tokuno incase they want bushido or ninja then you gotta spam general chat as you can't place on magincia vendor
It is not to sell , all are for me. I have lots of toons that can sacrifice 130 real skill points to have 5slot triton fighting with them, discording mobs, popping here and there with Ninjitsu or whatever. Have too many silly builds in mind, you won't believe it. So all bad ones will be used , I release no triton.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is not to sell , all are for me. I have lots of toons that can sacrifice 130 real skill points to have 5slot triton fighting with them, discording mobs, popping here and there with Ninjitsu or whatever. Have too many silly builds in mind, you won't believe it. So all bad ones will be used , I release no triton.
I understand for personal use but we still need updated rewards not just pirating or fishing virtually every reward is outdated especially when compared to the new drops who bothers with 98% of the old systems?? Instead of NLing us work on what we have ..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I understand for personal use but we still need updated rewards not just pirating or fishing virtually every reward is outdated especially when compared to the new drops who bothers with 98% of the old systems?? Instead of NLing us work on what we have ..
Pity that all new rewards are so powerful . Our toons can kill most of content solo now.
Fishing must be updated I agree. Add new arties , rare ones. Can be crippled versions of rewards from limited time events. Update library rewards : most glasses are useless. And make more gargish versions of everything.
I like idea with cameos where you have different slayers or blight of tundra.

What else I'd like to see : consumables for crafting:
1- something like whetstone to remove splinter from weapon, including artifacts . Mocapotl sword with no splinter will be great !
2- Some lead to make weapon heavier , or pole to make handle longer thus decreasing weapon swing speed and increasing damage. So I will be able to make that pity damage katanas, daisho, Tekagi , leaf blade and tessens into powerful weapon that hits. Make resulting weapon require High seas and devs can have small boost in sales of this add-on.
3- some consumable that can make altered (or initially gargish ) equipment in human/elf form
4- something to enhance gargish cloth armor with. Abyssal cloth should be one of items you can craft /enhance cloth gear.
5- Thingy that will allow gargoyle to blend Yukio (or HCI )earrings on other existing earrings or Mace /shield glasses.
@Kyronix , since you coming to this forum, can you consider this ? Some of this rewards will be High Seas, some can be for existing content , like for killing each ML named monster once. This will include a lot of gameplay, lots of old content will become usefull again, and I don't believe it is scriptable :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You are aware that allows them to get active Bush or ninja? They can get FWW or Feint or any other abilities that need passive Ninja or Bushido. And the pet uses the passive for those.

Very few players build a Triton using Active Bushido or Ninja. Active Ninja makes them hide and do Ninjutsu spells. Active Bushido gives them WW and they do Bushido spells. You can not then give them Chivalry because it over writes the Bushido or Ninja.

So, the most common builds for Trtions can be done no matter where they are opened.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You are aware that allows them to get active Bush or ninja? They can get FWW or Feint or any other abilities that need passive Ninja or Bushido. And the pet uses the passive for those.

Very few players build a Triton using Active Bushido or Ninja. Active Ninja makes them hide and do Ninjutsu spells. Active Bushido gives them WW and they do Bushido spells. You can not then give them Chivalry because it over writes the Bushido or Ninja.

So, the most common builds for Trtions can be done no matter where they are opened.
Pet hides with Ninjitsu and heals and survives.
Pet who don't have Chiv will never use Enemy of one to die fast in the pile of mobs.
Chiv/AI pet is boring .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet hides with Ninjitsu and heals and survives.
Pet who don't have Chiv will never use Enemy of one to die fast in the pile of mobs.
Chiv/AI pet is boring .
Pet hides, you die. They do very small damage with Ninja.
Pets turn EoO on and off so fast that that is a myth perpetuated by players who do not know how to control their pets.
Killing stuff is fun!

Learn to control your pets and they will not go into a death spin. Come to LS and learn how to use AI/Chiv pets on everything.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Pet hides, you die. They do very small damage with Ninja.
Pets turn EoO on and off so fast that that is a myth perpetuated by players who do not know how to control their pets.
Killing stuff is fun!

Learn to control your pets and they will not go into a death spin. Come to LS and learn how to use AI/Chiv pets on everything.
Naaaah . I know how to use Chiv AI pet , just don't like to be pet's battery with consume. You saying using Ai/Chiv pet like it is a thing you can be proud of :)
And my ping on LS is awful , I will die there with almost any toon . I can banksit there only.

My fighter or thrower live good life , pet live good and bright life too. not like your scared consume mage, who afraid of Mongbat's shadows. We stand toe to toe with enemy (or on top of enemy) and FIGHT ! And we don't die if owner or pet is dead. It is different playstyle . Not saying that some content allow to use pets for fun. Like pirating or Treasure Hunting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You saying using Ai/Chiv pet like it is a thing you can be proud of :)
No it just took a few weeks of trying all the magic and abilities to see which ones kill the fastest. When you get better you rarely use consume. But it works. Too bad your 60 skill tamer can not use it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No it just took a few weeks of trying all the magic and abilities to see which ones kill the fastest. When you get better you rarely use consume. But it works. Too bad your 60 skill tamer can not use it.
To quote you.... I'm sure he can "still kill stuff and have fun doing it".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To quote you.... I'm sure he can "still kill stuff and have fun doing it".
I just brought back the attack. Don't attack someone if you can't handle the counter. Did I say their way wasn't fun?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Not 60 but 65 skill tamer. And it is awesome