• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hook baiting

ibslingshot

Visitor
so after talking with a guild mate about fish bait and the rarity of the last four fish i have not caught (dungeon pike, rainbow, seeker, winter dragonfish). they told me the game changed
the bait rules. you bait once and until you catch that fish you don't need to bait again. i have look all over hoping to find confirmation, but have not. dose anyone remember this change and can confirm it. i am also curious about bait, i have never found pike, seeker, or winter bait, rainbow is rare but findable. anyone have some for sale trade?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no knowledge of such a change, and my fishing pole would seem to indicate it is incorrect. The 'baited to catch' message disappears as soon as a fish, any fish, is caught.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I second that this is probably false. My pole also indicates that the bait is still forfeit after any fish is caught. Also for the other question, I have found all of those baits via the fish monger quests, minus the dungeon pike, which I’m sure also exists. I will also warn that you are better off using no bait at all as opposed to paying the price you are going to pay for legendary bait if you find someone selling it.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah it is true: baited hook is no longer baited after any fish is caught. You can wear the fisherman’s suit to increase your bait strength and still find yourself not catching the targeted fish.

I agree buying bait seems like a waste. Use it if you earn it but don’t waste the coin to buy it.