• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honor with tamer

G

goldandblack

I have only just found out that tamers can gain honor with their pets.Up until now i thought it was only done by actual combat by you on the given target, how is the virtue used by tamers and their pets for max, benefit.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If nothing is flagged to your char, you can honor yourself and stand right next to the animal your trying to tame and I will not attack you even when it says you anger the beast. It comes in handy when trying to tame greater dragons. Since you using a pet while trying to gain honor, it does take longer then it would for a melee char.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be said that for taming high end pets, it is recommended to have follower level in honor, you will need to kill something like Swoop when you reach 3rd dot in follower level to gain knight.

U

uoBuoY

You can use White Wyrms and other critters to reach 2.6 Honor (Follower 6th dot) but it takes a while.

G

goldandblack

Thanks for the tips on what to honor but what i am not sure about is exactly what i do when using my pet to gain honor.With the combat honor i invoke honor and target my foe, then stay as still as possible till it is defeated only moving to follow it if it attempts to flee.What is the proceedure when my pet is fighting for me and im healing, do i have to remain still also or can i follow my pet if it moves out of healing range.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invoke virtue, all kill. Heal as needed, move around, get a beer....you're not going to gain honor as fast as you do on a melee character anyway, since your pet is fighting for you so don't worrry about following every trick to maximize gain. From zero to knight is probably 2+ hours on succubus.

U

uoBuoY

Thanks for the tips on what to honor but what i am not sure about is exactly what i do when using my pet to gain honor.With the combat honor i invoke honor and target my foe, then stay as still as possible till it is defeated only moving to follow it if it attempts to flee.What is the proceedure when my pet is fighting for me and im healing, do i have to remain still also or can i follow my pet if it moves out of healing range.
Here's what I do. Run up to the critter and immediately backup so my pet is between me and the critter and I'm close enough to Vet. I Honor the critter really fast before it buffs itself (can't Honor otherwise). Let the critter target pet. Vet if needed. I believe you gain more Honor if you or your pet doesn't initiat the attack. Let the critter attack you or your pet.

As far as moving is concerned...if my pet is in danger of dying, I'm damn well going to move in to heal! Otherwise I don't move.

Just remember, gaining Honor through a pet is a long, slow process. If you have enough SoulStones, it is much, much faster to swap out your taming skills, add in melee skills and gain Honor that way.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I do is take a Cu to the fan dancer dojo. Lure the ronin out of the large room, so that the only thing in there is the one succubus. Get just in range to honor it, have Cu attack, invis, and then just keep out of range from the area effect spells and just use magery to keep Cu healed and cured. Once your dog is trained up a little bit, it should be able to take out a succubus with very little help from you. If you use a rune beetle instead of a Cu, you will gain honor slower because of the beetle using poison. While your there you might as well sacrifice your Glorious Lord/Lady title on the succubus, that way you can work up two virtues at the same time. Just remember you can only sacrifice your fame once every 24 hours.

U

uoBuoY

A few people above said "...have the (pet) attack...". I think that earns you less Honor.

Quoting from Stratics...

"Gaining Honor:

You can gain Honor by engaging in honorable combat with monsters or NPCs. You can do this by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump and targeting an appropriate opponent. You will face your opponent, bow to them, and speak the words, “I honor you.”

You then must defeat your opponent in an honorable fashion.

Honorable combat is defined as:

* Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
* Engaging in one-on-one combat.
* Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
* Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
* Avoiding the use of poison.

To engage an opponent in honorable combat, your opponent:

* Must be one that you can perform negative actions upon.
* Must be at full health.
* Must not already be honored by a nearby player.
* Must be close to you, in your line-of-sight, and have a clear path to you."

After a lot of badgering from tamers, I remember a Dev commenting that the exact same rules of Honorable Combat apply to tamers and their pets.

Every time one of the rules of Honorable Combat is broken, the amount of Honor gained is reduced. So tamers start out at a disadvantage. Unless you let the Honored critter attack you/pet, you reduce the Honor gain even more. There was also a rumor that using more than one pet reduced the gain even more.

H

halcyonproject

I just did Honor to follower (on succubus') and I would estimate it took 3+ hours to get 2 bubbles into follower. I stoned in peace, honor the target, all attack, stand there til dead. Rinse and repeat until your fingers hurt lol. Given that I was using peace I did not want to wait on the creature to damage me first (not to mention succubus') can 1-2-3 combo me right into the dirt lol.

All in all it wasn't that bad, now I will just keep working it up as I hunt for a decent GD.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did Honor to follower (on succubus') and I would estimate it took 3+ hours to get 2 bubbles into follower. I stoned in peace, honor the target, all attack, stand there til dead. Rinse and repeat until your fingers hurt lol. Given that I was using peace I did not want to wait on the creature to damage me first (not to mention succubus') can 1-2-3 combo me right into the dirt lol.

All in all it wasn't that bad, now I will just keep working it up as I hunt for a decent GD.
I get my Honor while getting Trav keys, pre cast invis, run in room let the ninjas spawn, Invis, Honor the Key holder with a honor macro, All Kill. When he is dead honor next, all kill.

Now by saying all kill, and gaining honor slower, this i do not know, i gain fairly fast.

M

Maximilliean

Do Felucca monsters give more honor like they give higher fame?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you peace the mob your honoring then that invalidates the honor for that mob.

Least wise it always has for me, but then again I have not done that for oh say the last 8 months or more.

G

goldandblack

I have found that if i peace a creature before or after i honor it then i get no honor upon its death, i presumed that peacing is not honorable as it gives you an advantage, and peacing before you honor will prevent the creature from striking first i've found.

U

uoBuoY

I've never Peaced an Honored creature but I have gained Honor from a Discoed creature. It's something of a mote point though since you never know how much Honor you've gained.

G

guum

You can definitely gain honor all the way to knight off discorded succubi. And man do they drop quick. No point in even looting, honestly...no way I could possibly even grab the gold fast enough. About every third succubus, I don't even get honor because the skill timer from discording the previous one is still in effect by the time it dies and it's time to honor the next one.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps the distinction between a Peaced mob and a Disco'd mob is that the Peaced mob can not really fight while the Disco'd mob can fight.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems as if direct peacing monsters that you honor ends up in no honor gain.

Area peacing sometimes seems to have no effect on whether or not you gain in honor. My theory is that if you area peace something that it takes a while to kill, at some point the peacemaking wears off and is no longer affecting your chances to gain in honor. Or, then again, it may just be that area peacing has no effect on gaining in honor. It may be that the developers realized that someone could come along and area peace and screw up someone else's attempt to gain in honor, so they programmed for it to be disregarded. I honestly don't know.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... It may be that the developers realized that someone could come along and area peace and screw up someone else's attempt to gain in honor, so they programmed for it to be disregarded. ...
Sounds about right as there is always the twit ....