• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honor Timer getting timers with skills use.

• Thread starter DarkScripture
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DarkScripture

I have been playing of late on my bard and decieded to work Honor. During this I discovered that SOME skills use cause the honor to be treated as if I were a skill and wait for the times but the delay does not read you can not use that skill right now but instead get a message that "I must wait to perform another action.". But not all skills do this. Since it is ONLY with some skills ( as far as I know) I wanted to see if there is an issue here or if there is a post about it, Since the old forum are not in use I can not search for old forums about it. Anyone have any info?

P

PixelPusher

I get the "You must wait to use another skill." message also when I try to use honor after a discord attempt. As long as I pop-off the honor then then discord, there is only about a 1 second wait time. Use the discord first and I have to wait for that timer to count down before using honor.

M

Mulch

If I guess right the honor timer was/is used with an exploit and one of the fixes was to set it with a delay timer.

It might be though a bug so maybe report it?

R

Revenant2

I have been playing of late on my bard and decieded to work Honor. During this I discovered that SOME skills use cause the honor to be treated as if I were a skill and wait for the times but the delay does not read you can not use that skill right now but instead get a message that "I must wait to perform another action.". But not all skills do this. Since it is ONLY with some skills ( as far as I know) I wanted to see if there is an issue here or if there is a post about it, Since the old forum are not in use I can not search for old forums about it. Anyone have any info?
Yeah there is something not right with Honor. If you med, you have to wait until the timer to be able to med again has gone away, and only then will it let you honor. I think the error message is "You must wait to perform another action", if memory serves, as you are trying to honor and it won't let you. It sucks and I've always assumed it's a bug.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of things with the barding timers have seemed buggy for a few months now. I have a miner/lumberjack with barding skills. If I area peace to get a barding gain and then try to mine, I get a "you must wait" message. However, I can area peace and then smelt ore without waiting. It makes no sense to me why one action is permitted immediately and the other is not.

My guess is that programming was done to address an exploit that let you bypass the barding skill use timer, but the change was probably left unannounced and therefore went untested on Test Center and Origin before it was implemented.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an exploit where you could use virtues to bypass skill timers. Instead of unhooking it so that does not happen, they made it so activating virtues is like using a skill.

R

Revenant2

There was an exploit where you could use virtues to bypass skill timers. Instead of unhooking it so that does not happen, they made it so activating virtues is like using a skill.
That sucks.... there's gotta be a better way to fix that.

F

Fink

That sucks.... there's gotta be a better way to fix that.
Oh, there's always a better way.. just the cheapest/quickest option is usually the one taken with bug fixes.