• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honor Taming Question

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

So i went to ogre lords and got my honor up to the first level today.

As soon as i hit it, i went off to try to honor tame a greater dragon.

once i found one, i went off screen, honored myself and dashed in. there were tons of dragons and drakes around too >.> it was scary

I i had enough time for two taming attempts before the honor wore off, and i went running for my life, i almost died, but didnt =p

after i was outside the dungeon, i checked my honor and it went down.

So i gained from that, that you actualy use your honor for that ability.

Since it sent me under level 1, i wasnt able to see if i could use it again.

So my question is, can you use it more than once if you have it higher? or is it on a cooldown of some sort?

P

paralyzed

there is a cooldown, like 4-5 minutes, but as long as you have bubbles of honor to use (above the first tier) then al you need is to wait the 4-5 mintes and then use another bubble and try again

i think 3rd tier and up is waht you want to sue as a tamer, i belive third tier givse about 4-5 uninterupted taming attempts

honor, the way to go for dragon taming :)
goodluck

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ogre Lords are good to a point.

White Wyrms will take you to the 5th bubble of the last tier/level of honor.

Yes, as was said you have a cool off time. I usually do peace/lead taming attempts during the cool down.

BUT being the last tier/level of Honor I have yet to run out of time to tame a Greater Dragon .....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honoring and then killing white wyrms, hyrus, and greater dragons will generally get you up to about the middle of the Follower path in Honor. I can generally get 4-5 taming attempts off at that level of Honor. I believe the cool-down period is about 5 minutes.

If I'm taming greater dragons solo, I usually drag the one I want off to a quiet area of the dungeon; beat it up a bit if I already have a decent pet out; gate to the stable and stable the pet I was using; walk back through the gate; area peace (if using a bard tamer); run close to the greater dragon; hide; wait a second or two; honor myself; and then start taming. If someone's along with you, be sure to tell them to hide while you are trying to tame; otherwise, the greater dragon will likely be distracted and try going after them. If you were riding an ethereal mount, don't forget to dismount before you honor yourself.

There are a couple of other things I sometimes do when I really want to make sure the critter will tame: Eat something (but not to the full stage); and cast bless or strength spell on the tamer. Supposedly neither thing helps, but I figure they can't hurt either.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrasher will take a tamer using ONE pet to Knight of Honor. It takes a long time after halfway in the last tier. I don't usually bother going higher than half.

When UO first came out, both eating and actual stats effected skills. They changed that a year or two in. There where enough people who used to always bless someone they were transfering pets to and tell to eat without telling the recipient WHY they did it. These people did it to others because that is what was done to them, and so on. That is where the belief that bless and eating help out. They don't anymore but it doesn't hurt anything.

Taming was hooked to Str, the higher your str the more it helped you're taming skill. The lower your skill the more it helped as well. As you neared GM the less it helped until it didn't effect the skill at all right before you hit GM. We didn't have a "show real" on skills back then. I had chars showing 900+ worth of skills because of their stats effecting skills they didn't use. Of course, way back then you couldn't lock your skills and skills decayed if you didn't use them as much. You also could gain in a skill by "watching" someone else use that skill. You kept it secret if you hit GM in a tough skill because jerks would come and light campfires around you to make you learn camping and try and lower your skill.

Ok, history lesson over. lol I feel really old now. Where's my 11 year vet reward, EA!?!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Occasionally I have trouble transferring a pet to someone else's tamer because their skill level is just marginal. A lot of times, the transfer ends up working after I cast Bless spell on them.

Would the transfer have worked without doing that, if I'd tried it enough times? Honestly, I don't know. I've just done it enough times to wonder if there's not still something to it.

Who knows. I doubt the devs will ever spill the beans.

:hahaha:

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get 2 Bos and 180 trans powder to charge em from solen quests....(tamers need pet balls anyhow)

Go to the Ice Fiend room in Ice with BOS and powder.

Kill like madman....honoring fiends and BOS the gold as needed....
Each full BOS (30 charges & can be recharged liked 2.5x or sumin) can bank 15k now...500gold a charge (saves alot of charges in long run to make sure the amounts you BOS are divisible by 500 with no extra gold)

when your done you should be a Knight of Honor

Personally u save more time in the long run putting one day aside for jus making knight of honor.
Doesn't hardly decay...last longer...can do it tons of times.

At least "then" if you see the uber drag you want you won't have to stop taming to go level up on honor again cuz u used it all up after jus a couple times...

A buddy of mine who likes farming em does it other way tho....
If he runs out of honor he jus petballs in his other drag to gain in honor on drags then stables and repeat...

To each his own...but ideas none the less ;)

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it may have use to work for controling tames above skill level but blessed doesnt affect taming nowadays as far as pet control chance...

When you blessed em they prolly jus put their taming ring on at the same time after the transaction failed w/out saying anything to you about it.....

Giving the illusion your bless spell works...

Being hungry in UO afects skills negatively; as far as %chance for skill to work properly in UO except not so much when 120 tho...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it may have use to work for controling tames above skill level but blessed doesnt affect taming nowadays as far as pet control chance...

When you blessed em they prolly jus put their taming ring on at the same time after the transaction failed w/out saying anything to you about it.....

Giving the illusion your bless spell works...
Erm....nice try, but not necessarily the case. Some of those times the other tamer character that I blessed in order to make the transfer happen was one of my own characters that I had logged on another computer. I know exactly what that character's taming skill was and certainly wasn't fiddling around with its jewelry at the time.