• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HOLY MOTHER OF GLITCHES!

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sings* While running through UO one day, I was taken by surprise when my neighbor's Luna house was gone and it didn't even decay. The to my surprise my boxes were disappearing before my eyes *sings*

Seriously! To quote Dewayne "The Rock" Johnson "What in the bluest of blue hell is going on with UO!"

First my neighbor's Luna house across the street was just POOF gone! I logged out and back in still nothing. I was completely flipping out. I ran way off screen and back. That did it! My neighbor's house had reappeared. Then today I log in and I am rearranging stuff in my houses..yes houses plural. I took some items to my desert castle. I noticed right away that chests and other stuff were missing. The room in the bottom right corner was EMPTY!!!!! I had a stack of Christmas pressies boxes, about 5 chests and some random sized wooden crates. It was all gone. Sis hopped on her account and when she got there everything was there. I recalled to Britain for a Focus, when I returned the items were there.

I have had it to where sis needed me to rez her and I log in, get to the dungeon, and I can't see her Ghost. I'm yelling her to "Show you bonehead, so I can rez you!" She yells back "try looking THROUGH your glasses; my ghost is standing next to you and YES I am showing!" So I log out and back in. VIOLA! There's my dead sister haunting Doom! Sis has had it happen too.

Soooo What is going on? :gee: :stretcher:

I have a new rig, an Alienware 17 R4. It has an Intel i7 -7700HQ 2.8 GHz processor, 16 GB of DDR4 ram at 2400MH, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5, 128 GB SSD, and 1 TB HD.

Sis also has a new rig as her beloved lappy bit the big one right before finals. She has an HP Envy M7 u109dx, intel i7-7500u 2.60 GHz processor, 16 GB DDR4-2133 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (2 GB DDR3L dedicated), and 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA.

Please, before sis and I both end up with heart failure from missing pixels someone tell us what is wrong.

:stretcher: :stretcher:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We both use the CC. We have the EC installed and patched up, but its kinda of odd. Plus, sis absolutely HATES how her swamp dragon looks in EC.
We're also connecting via Wi-Fi to our home hi-speed DSL.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We both use the CC. We have the EC installed and patched up, but its kinda of odd. Plus, sis absolutely HATES how her swamp dragon looks in EC.
We're also connecting via Wi-Fi to our home hi-speed DSL.
Happens to me now and then worst one was when I logged in and my castle looked like a big IDOC I about stroked out. HAd happen on every rig and system I have although it does seem to be more common on my new system with win10 and I just write it off as Win 10 sucks.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps try adjusting how many houses you cache in CC. It in the 4th menu down on the right hand side (miscellaneous) and scroll down a bit.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, when it happens, jump off your mount and then remount. Things will show back up. On occasion I don't see people next to me, or the Luna moongate unless I do that.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been thinking about this since it happened. Is everyone experiencing this using Windows 10? If yes then this could be a Windows 10 sucks ascii code thing. If not then it could be the cloud server(s) have a problem? Any other ideas, suggestions or comments? I'd really like to figure out the cause of this glitch.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been thinking about this since it happened. Is everyone experiencing this using Windows 10? If yes then this could be a Windows 10 sucks ascii code thing. If not then it could be the cloud server(s) have a problem? Any other ideas, suggestions or comments? I'd really like to figure out the cause of this glitch.
Happens on my vista and XP systems as well just not as often as it does on 10

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a bug they know about and don't seem to be doing anything about.....
It's to do with the fact we are using different sized screen now but the game still opens with its first "run thru" using the old tiny screen.
You have to run over a screen away then back to reset it or mount/dismount works also.

Yup, it's given quite a few people a minor heart attack upon logging in to see what looks like an idoc next door untouched....
Or even if you log out in the safe room then when you log in you wont have doors but cannot go thru the open spaces either, so basically your screwed until you are aware of the "work around".

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get that every time I log in. I'm on win7 64bit and I have max resolution size. It is most annoying in doom when I can't leave the secret room. I have to relog twice to get out because some hidden tile is blocking my passage.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hate me for saying this but its clearly Classic Client.
I'm assuming they aren't and won't be ever focusing on bugs and those kinds of issues because of Enhanced.
I run Windows 10 and I use EC and I've never had any issues with Ultima Online ever.

*Waits to be shot at*

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*sings* While running through UO one day, I was taken by surprise when my neighbor's Luna house was gone and it didn't even decay. The to my surprise my boxes were disappearing before my eyes sings

Please, before sis and I both end up with heart failure from missing pixels someone tell us what is wrong
Bugs.png

Last edited:

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hate me for saying this but its clearly Classic Client.
I'm assuming they aren't and won't be ever focusing on bugs and those kinds of issues because of Enhanced.
I run Windows 10 and I use EC and I've never had any issues with Ultima Online ever.

*Waits to be shot at*
Sorry I am a pure EC user and there are bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or even if you log out in the safe room then when you log in you wont have doors but cannot go thru the open spaces either, so basically your screwed until you are aware of the "work around".
this has happened to me for years at the Ironwood Inn in Vesper :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The unseeable dead has been happening at least the last 14 years. I died in doom once with a group of over a dozen players (2 different large groups working together) back in 2003 or 2004, and NONE of them could see me, even though I was in war mode and screaming for help in party chat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The unseeable dead has been happening at least the last 14 years. I died in doom once with a group of over a dozen players (2 different large groups working together) back in 2003 or 2004, and NONE of them could see me, even though I was in war mode and screaming for help in party chat.
I've had it in the EC where I keep "blinking" in and out of war mode for no reason at all and the only ones who can give you a rez then are those with Chivy who Noble Sacrifice...

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please, before sis and I both end up with heart failure from missing pixels someone tell us what is wrong.

:stretcher: :stretcher:
Your new rigs are too powerful. I suggest you FedEx them to me ASAP and get you a budget Wal-Mart laptop to restore your prior gaming experience.

On a serious note, it really just sounds like the UO we have all come to know and love.