• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Holiday Timepiece

E

Elicia

I see a vendor in Atlantic with two of the bracelets called "A Holiday Timepiece"

The vendor has them marked at 100,000,000......

If I recall, these were given out to about 200,000+ players in Christmas 1999, the only criteria being positive karma.
At 5 avatars per account in 1999, there should be over 1 million of these floating around.

Did this person accidentally type a few extra 0 at the end of the price?
10-20K would seem more reasonable.

K

Kralock

I lost a box of those in house that fell that I got from an IDOC. The circle complete.

but the old wrist watch is the expesive one not the time peice but I could be mistaken, any way the price list looks like sarcasm its so off, its like seeing a plane sword on a vendor for 100m or a moonstone. :p

I would not call it a scam, I would call it a mistake, the vendor fees my god.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just adding my 2 cents in here. I saw that too and was shocked but was this piece not one of the turn in items for the clean up? If it was perhaps the person selling may think the price on them will be going up? I have 4 myself and am wondering if I should keep them now :)

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a vendor in Atlantic with two of the bracelets called "A Holiday Timepiece"

If I recall, these were given out to about 200,000+ players in Christmas 1999, the only criteria being positive karma.
At 5 avatars per account in 1999, there should be over 1 million of these floating around..
HI, well 1st I don't think everyone had 5 blue characters in 1999 . there was more PVP going on then :p
then figure in house IDOCS .. people not wearing them when ALL Of the jewelry became available
( and so chucking them out in the trash etc ) and NOW they are worth 8,000 turn in points....

I wouldn't say there were anywhere near 1 million of those items floating around in the game ..
that being said .. there is NO way I would pay what that guy is asking for them on his vendor..
but I sure would buy any that anyone has at 30k :mf_prop:

Remember, its very possible that he added in the extra 0 as an honest mistake ..
sadly that mistake is costing him a ton in vendor fees!!
I don't know what the going rate is for 8k turn in points, but I've seen a lot of items that were not worth 8k being at 600k to 1 mill

give him the benefit of the doubt... :popcorn: