• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Hm... shouldn't I not be able to get gains from this item?

• Thread starter Stupid Miner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stupid Miner

Made a medium crate at 61.1 skill and got a skill gain.
Crafting chance is 100% success, exceptional chance is around 62%
and it's definitely not GGS because I've been training for a while.

I thought 100% success rate meant that you couldn't gain skill off the item?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Normally, yes.

1. Were you in a positon to get a GGS?

2. Is the 100% chance to make including any bonus from a talisman? You can still gain in a skill if your natural skill is less than 100% chance of success, but at a slightly slower rate (As many crafting skills seem more likely to give a gain on a failure, than on a success).

S

Stupid Miner

Normally, yes.

1. Were you in a positon to get a GGS?

2. Is the 100% chance to make including any bonus from a talisman? You can still gain in a skill if your natural skill is less than 100% chance of success, but at a slightly slower rate (As many crafting skills seem more likely to give a gain on a failure, than on a success).
Both no. I was in the middle of training carpentry, had gotten gains just a minute before, so no way it was GGS. With some 600+ other skill points already on the char.

...and i got gains at least twice when i was above 100% success chance.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then, I don't know....

It might be an unintentional side effect of where they removed the 25-skill cap on imbuing gains from unraveling, in which case carpentry might not be the only skill affected.

Edit: Yep, definitely something messed up, at least for you, as gains from medium crates should have stopped at 56.5...