• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hiya my first post here with a link sorry

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=176543

gives you my prob
or alternatively
not sure this is the right forum but here goes
new comp, uo loaded and assist seed obtained and working and logged in a few times but now cant get in. uo assist wont work till it receives an update and gives update ace information for firewalls indicating i guess that firewall is stopping it but tried without protection and no different, help!
p.s. im blonde!!
operating system windows

i need this help as cant ever see it working again at the moment

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure this is the right forum but here goes
new comp, uo loaded and assist seed obtained and working and logged in a few times but now cant get in. uo assist wont work till it receives an update and gives update ace information for firewalls indicating i guess that firewall is stopping it but tried without protection and no different, help!
p.s. im blonde!!:stretcher:
operating system windows 7
I haven't tried Windows 7 yet, so not quite sure. But there are general troubleshooting steps that you can try.

1) Start UO without UOA, see if it can patch.
2) Test if you can login
3) If it doesn't disable the firewall (this is the windows firewall? or a 3rd party firewall like Norton etc?)
4) Now try starting with UOA, even if UOA doesn't patch, you can click continue until it loads the UO client. UOA will be disabled, but test whether you can login to UO
5) When starting UOA, at the UOA patch screen, click "settings" on the bottom right. Then change "Load UOAssit using" to a different method (there are 3). See if any of the other load method work any better.

Failing that, copy and post the error.

J

JL from Europa

Maybe empty C:\Program Files\UOAssist\Download and if it doesn't work then C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\temp & C:\Temp.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to try is to browse to the folder that UO is installed to. Right click uo.exe and click properties. Go to the compatibility tab and choose to run in compatibility mode as windows xp. Then check the box at the bottom that says "run this program as an administrator. Do the same thing for uopatch.exe in the same folder. Then browse to where uoassist is installed and do the same thing for uoa.exe