• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Hitching post...

B

Boogieman

Thought that tinkers were given a real boot here - something to turn a profit on and sell.
Well, for those who doesn't know it requires several rare to semi rare items AND it has limited use. I believe I saw somewhere that it can be used 45 times in total - after that, it's just a deco item.

Bah.... :sad4:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To each his own, I suppose -

After all, hasn't most of the pancakes by crafters been all the items that last forever?

I plan on being able to turn a profit on selling the ones I make - then again, I'm a T-hunter that typically kept at least one of every minor arty; and the only reason I didn't keep more is because I sold the rest, or turned them in for points.

B

Boogieman

Yes, I can agree with you that it shouldn't be a make once - keep it forever item. Then the demand would of course quite quickly diminish. Some limitation to uses would be fine, but 45 seems a bit low - and that's with a recharge, which means more of the not-so-easy-to-get items. But consider the time you need to spend to obtain the items, or the money to buy them - and tell me what pricetag you will put on the hitching post?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot...

Frankly, I'm more upset about the bookcases and their rarity 8 ingredient.

The hitching post is a luxury item (anyone can recall to Luna for a quick pet grab or stow, except on SP - and pet balls still work for grabbing the pet), and will probably be used more by Fel Tamers doing house-fighting, than most other people, except as deco.

B

Boogieman

Yes, I think you are right, it's probably going to become a deco item more than anything. Which I find a bit sad...
I know many tamers desing their houses with a stables - and I think many would like to use them as stables. Not because it's a problem to recall to a town stable, but for the feeling of it.

R

rockytriton

can someone tell me where you get these rare ingredients? I've never heard of them.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone tell me where you get these rare ingredients? I've never heard of them.
Phillips Wooden Steed - Any Paragon has a chance to give you this
2x Ropes - Leviathons, possibly sea serpents
Animal Pheromone - Fire Rabbit in Tokuno (1st isle gate,follow path up, they spawn around lava on path)
2x Bridles - Red Death (Bedlam)

and 50 ingots, think thats all that you need, im going from memory here but made 2 on weekend

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I just make a hitching post, now what is that use remain 15 and refill 2 is all about. can someone expalin the poor and con of that hitchin pot. Will it turn into a deco after we use it to much.

F

Fink

Ok I just make a hitching post, now what is that use remain 15 and refill 2 is all about. can someone expalin the poor and con of that hitchin pot. Will it turn into a deco after we use it to much.
You get 15 uses from a fully charged post, and two additional recharges, so 45 uses in total.

It's a great shame the parts aren't more accessible to tinkers as this would likely be a more often used item if it were reasonably cost-effective. The bridles are from Red Death, not an easy kill. The ropes are simply a rare drop from kraken and the leviathan.

The pheromone is from the fire rabbit which is just ridiculously tough. I killed 14 rabbits for my first beaker of pheromone, and another 63 until I got my second. Each time I took a massive karma hit which basically ruled out using any characters I had that were effective against the rabbit in the long term.

So yes, not very farmable and out of the question for the independent tinker. The fact that they wear out is almost totally defeated by the degree of difficulty in crafting them making them nearly decoration-only. I don't think we'll see much turnover at all with these hitching posts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can use another hitching rope to refill it to 15, after the original 15 charges run out. This can be done twice (so you get a total of 45 uses, before it becomes deco).

So, it's not something you should be using casually (unless you have a TH & fisher, and have a large stock of ropes and phillips wooden steeds that you didn't turn in for spring cleaning points).

You pretty much would use it for quick changes where you can't get to a stable, or don't want to waste the time to do so (and, use it only to stable - use pet balls for summoning pets).

It's meant to be a convenience, not a replacement for going to the stable.

As for them being made, I've seen a LOT of them being made - more than Fink thinks.

People have approached my tinker to make their ropes and posts, and are activly hunting for the parts of it. Seems to be doing quite well.

F

Fink

As for them being made, I've seen a LOT of them being made - more than Fink thinks.
You really don't want to know what I think. :D

Actually my point was that there wouldn't be much turnover. People would be loathe to use such an extravagant item, ergo it will gather dust as a decoration. I'm saying once the initial demand is met there will be little repeat custom for the tinker; this won't be a bread-and-butter item.

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was my opinion as well that those pot wil lbe more as a deco. It is a nice touch by the cost of making thenis to great compare to the 30 gold to use a stable. Thx for the reply.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phillips Wooden Steed - Any Paragon has a chance to give you this
2x Ropes - Leviathons, possibly sea serpents
Animal Pheromone - Fire Rabbit in Tokuno (1st isle gate,follow path up, they spawn around lava on path)
2x Bridles - Red Death (Bedlam)

and 50 ingots, think thats all that you need, im going from memory here but made 2 on weekend
you can also get the ropes on the krakens from net tosses and the dungeon that they spawn at (cant remember which one) but it is a lot cheaper to get from krackens then leviathons

D

Dragonchilde

you can also get the ropes on the krakens from net tosses and the dungeon that they spawn at (cant remember which one) but it is a lot cheaper to get from krackens then leviathons
Shame; I've seen them by the mage tower. :)