• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

History repeats itself again! 0 to 100 real quick

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs:

Someone please explain why its always the same story on repeat: release a pub before it properly balanced and come back and hit everything with a nurf hammer?

Its one thing to take away OP things like tele dismount pets which make sense (whoever id argue a pet should still be able to tele but not perform a special for 20 seconds after it teleports), but it is another to take away mind blast (its like FS or fire breath when on certain pets it takes a whole 1500 points to gain this), make the pets easily killed, and lower the damage so it hits like a kitten! Common Devs stop going from one extreme to the other and find the middle ground!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs:

Someone please explain why its always the same story on repeat: release a pub before it properly balanced and come back and hit everything with a nurf hammer?

Its one thing to take away OP things like tele dismount pets which make sense (whoever id argue a pet should still be able to tele but not perform a special for 20 seconds after it teleports), but it is another to take away mind blast (its like FS or fire breath when on certain pets it takes a whole 1500 points to gain this), make the pets easily killed, and lower the damage so it hits like a kitten! Common Devs stop going from one extreme to the other and find the middle ground!
Not enough people testing, despite char copy not a regular prodo shard setting, and those who do test not envisioning every scenario to ardently test, because that's too much to expect or ask. Longer testing periods would help, but they wouldn't stop the necessity of balance passes on substantial additions.

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but the issue now is instead of finding the balance the devs go straight for the nerf hammer...

If you can kill the pet then its ok that it does a bit more damage (this is what happened with GDragons) or if tele dismounts are an issue then fix it as a dont allow pets to do a special withing X amount of seconds after tele

Please stop bringing out content pre-maturely and then turn around and hit everything with a nurf hammer after people plats buying scrolls and pet bonding potions which give you guys additional revenue! Feel like a bunch of Indian givers these days! Not to mention this new "Fix" the bugged pets... I just found out two of the my mares that were "2 slot void" mares were made with the bug and are now basically trash! U let the exploiters make Money and shaft the typical player....

I guess I am about ready to throw in the towel after playing this game for 235 months....
upload_2017-7-25_16-46-6.png

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not enough people testing, despite char copy not a regular prodo shard setting, and those who do test not envisioning every scenario to ardently test, because that's too much to expect or ask. Longer testing periods would help, but they wouldn't stop the necessity of balance passes on substantial additions.
A person should be able to log in, test, log out, report results and or bugs. Everything should be streamlined and the test center should cater towards the publish. This includes special gates to level pets, add skills, erase skills/levels. Take the grind out of the test and you get better results and less whoops, we missed that.

Longer test periods won't help as long as there is a grind...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A person should be able to log in, test, log out, report results and or bugs. Everything should be streamlined and the test center should cater towards the publish. This includes special gates to level pets, add skills, erase skills/levels. Take the grind out of the test and you get better results and less whoops, we missed that.

Longer test periods won't help as long as there is a grind...
I agree it should be as easy as possible, and I personally would institute a rewards program to incentivize testing, but still there will be necessary balance passes. The game just has too many little interweaving facets to test even most scenarios outside of the most standard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but the issue now is instead of finding the balance the devs go straight for the nerf hammer...

If you can kill the pet then its ok that it does a bit more damage (this is what happened with GDragons) or if tele dismounts are an issue then fix it as a dont allow pets to do a special withing X amount of seconds after tele

Please stop bringing out content pre-maturely and then turn around and hit everything with a nurf hammer after people plats buying scrolls and pet bonding potions which give you guys additional revenue! Feel like a bunch of Indian givers these days! Not to mention this new "Fix" the bugged pets... I just found out two of the my mares that were "2 slot void" mares were made with the bug and are now basically trash! U let the exploiters make Money and shaft the typical player....

I guess I am about ready to throw in the towel after playing this game for 235 months....
View attachment 69675
There will always be people who call any balance a nerf. It's unavoidable. Any lowering of power, even if it's a required change for balance sake will always have people complaining.

Also the 2 slot mare thing, get on test and talk to them about this if you can. They are still taking feed back on the changes so there's hope that the damage done can be contained somewhat.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will always be people who call any balance a nerf. It's unavoidable. Any lowering of power, even if it's a required change for balance sake will always have people complaining.

Also the 2 slot mare thing, get on test and talk to them about this if you can. They are still taking feed back on the changes so there's hope that the damage done can be contained somewhat.
I don't think it is so much the balancing but swings from one extreme to another. I only have 4 tamers with tame 5 primers two were a gift from a friend the other 2 I farmed up, however had I paid the going price for them and looking at the *Balance* mentioned I would not be happy at having spent so much goldies. Another part of the problem here is everything being said about consume now was put forth in some very heated arguments around 2 years ago, after that amount of time it should be a settled matter. Enter the new pets and the stats and resist and yes it needs to be looked at and toned down some, I should not be able to take a Cu or Hiryu into the heaviest high end spawn with a tamer running 120 med 120 focus and not even max LMC/MR on a a suit and keep Consume running server up to server down with a pet that is high resist and high STR and HP. Literally there is zero risk other than a mob targeting the character which if done right almost never happens. Basically there is zero risk and and with the RNG and drop rates occasionally a reward. On the other hand as it is, the balance is a little too harsh, but it is on TC and I would be guessing that the cap will be raised to something reasonable that balanced out the new pet abilities and still leaves consume very useful, not just a send the pet in and hit consume and take a nap.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it is so much the balancing but swings from one extreme to another. I only have 4 tamers with tame 5 primers two were a gift from a friend the other 2 I farmed up, however had I paid the going price for them and looking at the *Balance* mentioned I would not be happy at having spent so much goldies. Another part of the problem here is everything being said about consume now was put forth in some very heated arguments around 2 years ago, after that amount of time it should be a settled matter. Enter the new pets and the stats and resist and yes it needs to be looked at and toned down some, I should not be able to take a Cu or Hiryu into the heaviest high end spawn with a tamer running 120 med 120 focus and not even max LMC/MR on a a suit and keep Consume running server up to server down with a pet that is high resist and high STR and HP. Literally there is zero risk other than a mob targeting the character which if done right almost never happens. Basically there is zero risk and and with the RNG and drop rates occasionally a reward. On the other hand as it is, the balance is a little too harsh, but it is on TC and I would be guessing that the cap will be raised to something reasonable that balanced out the new pet abilities and still leaves consume very useful, not just a send the pet in and hit consume and take a nap.
That's why you gotta let um know before it goes into game. I too think the consume nerf was too harsh. It needed to be toned down, but probably not quite so low.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I should not be able to take a Cu or Hiryu into the heaviest high end spawn with a tamer running 120 med 120 focus and not even max LMC/MR on a a suit and keep Consume running server up to server down with a pet that is high resist and high STR and HP. Literally there is zero risk other than a mob targeting the character which if done right almost never happens.
I don't know how you made that immortal Hiryu. My Lesser with 120 Bush, Parry and Wrestrling will die in the middle of mid level spawn if all I rely on is Consume damage. I wish I could dump it next to the altar and take a break, but I have never seen it work like that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how you made that immortal Hiryu. My Lesser with 120 Bush, Parry and Wrestrling will die in the middle of mid level spawn if all I rely on is Consume damage. I wish I could dump it next to the altar and take a break, but I have never seen it work like that.
Just Metallic Warbird2 granted he is not your average Hiryu but if consume is on it nearly impossible for him to die. There are some mobs he does not fare so well in :) Even with endless consume.