• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Historic Net Toss Saturday!!!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Great Lakes crew is proud to announce that Saturday night (May 22) at 8:00 p.m. EST at the Buccaneer's Den docks we will hold a HISTORIC net toss.

ONE THOUSAND nets will be tossed!

The nets are donated by our great friends at the Majestic Oaks Auction House (MOA) and our Chicken Fight Club (CFC) friends will be lending a hand as well!

The rules are simple. No pets. No summoned creatures. No barding. Just hand to hand, archery, and magecraft. You keep the loot.

Free rezzes at the end of the dock. (You'll need them.)

If you've never been to one, a net toss is a blast, and this one will be historic!

S

Skaribis

Never done 1000 Nets, but everyone should attend, when I was HC of Son on Napa, tues night was my night, and I always had a boat or two full of ready to fight the evil seas guildies, we averaged a 100 every tues, and sometimes we would throw a fabled to catch everyone off guard. . . Always good times, hope you have a great turnout :)

Peace

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did it go? Would love to see some screenshots! :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes Mapper into his sides*
Hush, hush! Let your acc on the fcb-forums getting reactivated. (Gem shurely can help if you have forgotten your password. *g* ) I have little above 125 greenies on europa collecting dust. Thought 1000 wont be easy to beat, if it would be possible.

@Gem:
Done very well with that toss. As usually I have missed that one. :/ (I simply cant get around with that time shift ... *sigh*)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes Mapper into his sides*
Hush, hush! Let your acc on the fcb-forums getting reactivated. (Gem shurely can help if you have forgotten your password. *g* ) I have little above 125 greenies on europa collecting dust. Thought 1000 wont be easy to beat, if it would be possible.
Hehe I have alot of forums I read, I've lost the FCB when I upgraded to Windows 7. Will need to get back on it!

I still hold the FCB stone on Europa, Could never let go, Even if the guild is inactive.

Last year I recently held the largest net toss (atleast on Europa from what I can tell) with 500 nets and 25 fabled nets.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=167683

Some screenshots in that thread.

Hopefully we can have another this Summer and break the Europa record. *grin*

The thing with large net tosses I learnt is, Even with 4 tossers only so many nets can be tossed at once, So all 1000 or 2000 do is increase the length of time the events last.

500 nets lasted 15 minutes if I remember correctly, But was still EXTREMELY fun!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can reset your pw on the FCB forum---just send me a pm with the password you'd like.