• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Hiryus or Cu's at 110 music/GM disco?

C

controlfive

which should i train on at 110 music and GM disco to take disco up to 120?

5% Luck

Well 1st off droping the music to gm will help tons. Then you gota ask your self if you want to deal with aggressive creatures(if your low karma both are agressive). Both will take you to 120 discord. Drop music to 100! But hyruis will be just a small percentage faster. Also to note pre tamed and post tamed creatures have a barding difficulty difference. Post tamed are lower!

GL

F

Fink

I don't think Cu Sidhes are aggressive toward negative karma characters. You lose karma for killing them, and almost everything that spawns around them is aggressive to negative karma chars, but I think that's as far as it goes.

J

J0KING

I was able to take Hiryus to 118.3 and then got stuck solid...

A key for you would be to lower the music to GM instead of 110 due to the skill check...

When using the barding calculator it seems that you would be better off using Cu's at the higher end of the skill (where Im currently stuck)... however, many people say that both will take you to 120...

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which should i train on at 110 music and GM disco to take disco up to 120?
I believe cu's have a higher BD then Hiryu's and because they are not aggressive it might be better to train off them..

What you can also do is get like 10 cu's tamed...put them on a boat you get on a second boat and just discord all of them...once you discorded them invis for 11s ...then start all over again..I managed to reach 120 disco even with 120 music...a tamed cu has a BD of around 100 I think..so if you use normal npc intruments it should work

F

Fink

I'm currently on 120 Music, 115 Discord (106 real), training on Swoops. The skill gains are fairly consistent, and basically I'm making plenty of gold at skill levels you wouldn't normally use for bard training. I prefer hunting over simply training in isolation.