• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiryu Feudal Reward

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its deco for the leets is what @Kyronix said but he also said he didnt fix the chicken lizard eggs maybe hes under water again :confused2:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Why?
Why indeed...

Not everyone will have time to slay enough mobs to garner enough turn in points for one ... much less two or three extras ...
150 pts is alot to ask of those who can only play an hour a day but Kyronix has already said they will not be lowering the cost for hiryu. Why ? who does that hurt?
The average player ?
Gold Seller?
Others?

Mayhaps he will have a change of heart once they look and see how many of us will have troubles collecting turn in points.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Why?
Why indeed...

Not everyone will have time to slay enough mobs to garner enough turn in points for one ... much less two or three extras ...
150 pts is alot to ask of those who can only play an hour a day but Kyronix has already said they will not be lowering the cost for hiryu. Why ? who does that hurt?
The average player ?
Gold Seller?
Others?

Mayhaps he will have a change of heart once they look and see how many of us will have troubles collecting turn in points.
this would be nice to have at a lower point cost but it falls in line with many of the other events. Still beats farming paroxymous for a swamp dragon.

Im not sure why they would cater to the lowest common denominator. How about you play more?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
150 points --- 150M
What is the price of a pickle version?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
150 points --- 150M
What is the price of a pickle version?
Someone on the forums said 100m so maybe more like 100-125m? Still cheaper than the Hiryu and that's IF drops sell for 1m... then again maybe drops will be plentiful and sell for 500k each and the hiryu will be cheaper than a paroxy :) (doubtful though)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
100-125 sounds right. I think I got mine around 110 a year ago.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with a very effective method for farming Paroxy keys, the drop rate for them sucks. Can't tell you how many times i went to farm 6 sets of keys, and ended up with 15 Skulls, and 9 Legs before i got a total of 6 Torsos. The Spleens are a lot easier. Then you still have to pray to RNGJesus that a Paroxy Swampy drops, and that it drops in your loot instance if you're in a party.
At least the Ozymandias' Hiryu is a guaranteed reward that you can work towards. Believe me, having to farm up Shadow Ingots from the Shadow Ore Ele on a dead shard, then transfer them over, craft Exceptional Dragon Barding Deeds with them, then rather frequently have to re-bard your Swampy is a pain in the ass.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with a very effective method for farming Paroxy keys, the drop rate for them sucks. Can't tell you how many times i went to farm 6 sets of keys, and ended up with 15 Skulls, and 9 Legs before i got a total of 6 Torsos. The Spleens are a lot easier. Then you still have to pray to RNGJesus that a Paroxy Swampy drops, and that it drops in your loot instance if you're in a party.
At least the Ozymandias' Hiryu is a guaranteed reward that you can work towards. Believe me, having to farm up Shadow Ingots from the Shadow Ore Ele on a dead shard, then transfer them over, craft Exceptional Dragon Barding Deeds with them, then rather frequently have to re-bard your Swampy is a pain in the ass.
so im not the only one who does that

REMOVED

Journeyman
As a tamer….I would have loved to see a trainable pet on the reward list dang it…That being said, I’ll take 5! I’m just happy to see a treasure event starting finally!!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Hiryu is truly a re-skinned version of the Parox Swampy, I personally would not choose to pop it and use it. That is unless they have fixed the bugs with Parox Swampy disappearing and going poof that have been around for years.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Hiryu is truly a re-skinned version of the Parox Swampy, I personally would not choose to pop it and use it. That is unless they have fixed the bugs with Parox Swampy disappearing and going poof that have been around for years.
Those were the old pre-Pub 52 Paroxy Swampies. Prior to Pub 52, any creature popped from a Statuette (Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon, Grizzled Mare, Changeling Dog, Albino Squirrel) were considered "Summoned", and could be Dispelled and lost permanently. These changes weren't retroactive though, so any existing pre-patch Paroxy Swampies can still be dispelled.

• Fixed bugs where Paroxymus's swamp dragon can despawn if it is killed
  • Fixes the 2 rare mounts obtained from peerless mobs.
  • Will no longer be marked as a summoned pet.
  • Will no longer be deleted by other monsters special moves.

Grugot

Journeyman
Does it act as an etheral mount where it appears in your backpack when you dismount? Or is it like a regular mount?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
there is one cool feature of paroxy swamp along with other mounts that come from statues (and I assume this hiryu)

you can res the mount with bandages with zero vet skill as long as you are in tram (only tram; malas and tokuno won't work). this is a really big time saver as a sampire to be able to just go to tram and res your swampy with 1 bandage

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, with such a short thread is there any way the devs can confirm any of this speculation, I've seen no info on anything that has been spoken about and quite frankly is ridiculous thats there is no hard and fast info regarding the Hiryu being the equivalent of the Paroxy mount?

I mean we are still playing on the fact that riding a Swampy reduces your damage output, where is the evidence/facts of this. Really pisses me off sometimes when devs are completely vague on what should be basic stats.

I'll caveat my statement after returning from an extended break that they still say Nighmares are vulnerable to Demon Slayers, utter ********, go try it yourself. I only use that as a smalll example of the huge amount of misinformation bouncing around UO. I just wish they were honest with this ****. Nothing worse than disregarding an item then finding out years later that it had hidden stats that could save your life in X situation.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there is one cool feature of paroxy swamp along with other mounts that come from statues (and I assume this hiryu)

you can res the mount with bandages with zero vet skill as long as you are in tram (only tram; malas and tokuno won't work). this is a really big time saver as a sampire to be able to just go to tram and res your swampy with 1 bandage
Perfect exampe of my last, is this a bug? or intended?

mihali

Sage
I assume that you get a reward Ozy Hiryu statuette in your pack when you cash the points for it. Questions:
1-Can you sell trade the statuette to another account?
2-After you pop the statuette, and you have a parody-equiv pet can you then trade that / sell that to another account?
Tyvm.

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume that you get a reward Ozy Hiryu statuette in your pack when you cash the points for it. Questions:
1-Can you sell trade the statuette to another account?
2-After you pop the statuette, and you have a parody-equiv pet can you then trade that / sell that to another account?
Tyvm.
When in statue form, you can trade to any other player and they can open it. Once opened it cannot be transferred.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, with such a short thread is there any way the devs can confirm any of this speculation, I've seen no info on anything that has been spoken about and quite frankly is ridiculous thats there is no hard and fast info regarding the Hiryu being the equivalent of the Paroxy mount?

I mean we are still playing on the fact that riding a Swampy reduces your damage output, where is the evidence/facts of this. Really pisses me off sometimes when devs are completely vague on what should be basic stats.

I'll caveat my statement after returning from an extended break that they still say Nighmares are vulnerable to Demon Slayers, utter ********, go try it yourself. I only use that as a smalll example of the huge amount of misinformation bouncing around UO. I just wish they were honest with this ****. Nothing worse than disregarding an item then finding out years later that it had hidden stats that could save your life in X situation.
Easily tested get hit with skelly dragon breath on your ride then off your ride

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen no info on anything that has been spoken about and quite frankly is ridiculous thats there is no hard and fast info regarding the Hiryu being the equivalent of the Paroxy mount?
Violet from cah said it was very quickly. Until you prove otherwise, I'll believe her.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can easily test out the damage reduction on TC1, one of the first things we did. Also confirmed by Kyronix on TC1 during testing:

View attachment 148388
Thx Khyro, as good confirmation as it gets I guess. This kind of info really should be on the official patch notes or at least include some kind of lore that might elude to it being 'different', I already disregarded the mount after reading the patch notes and wrote it off as another vanity mount. Had I not stumbled on this thread by accident I would never have known until it was too late and missed the opportunity.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was posted that you can res the hiryu without vet during test phase. (Acting like a vanity mount) I’d be surprised if this bug got through to publish.
Actually I wouldn’t..
As you can still res paroxy in trammel without vet on live shards. Shh I’ve been abusing this bug daily.

i think also a request for some way to display the damage reduction was made by a few people. Did they just ignore them?

i know pincos UI has that damage reduction buff but not everyone uses pincos.

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As you can still res paroxy in trammel without vet on live shards. Shh I’ve been abusing this bug daily.
Didn't even know that. Been standing by vet NPCs for 10 minutes to rez after the last time my Paroxy went *poof* when I switched to an alternate swampy.

i know pincos UI has that damage reduction buff but not everyone uses pincos.
Again, didn't know that Pincos shows it but then again I only use CC so not likely I ever would know.

I start to think these days that they deliberatly give very little info so if someone does find something that seems like a bug, unless it's game breaking they can simply reply with.. working as intended! :rolleyes:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't even know that. Been standing by vet NPCs for 10 minutes to rez after the last time my Paroxy went *poof* when I switched to an alternate swampy.

Again, didn't know that Pincos shows it but then again I only use CC so not likely I ever would know.

I start to think these days that they deliberatly give very little info so if someone does find something that seems like a bug, unless it's game breaking they can simply reply with.. working as intended! :rolleyes:
It appears that you lack the initiative or ability to discover or figure out things on your own :rolleyes2:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
can it be dyed with something? Or do we all have to look the same riding the white / gray bird like a bunch of ...... well i cant say what i want to say :hahaha:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can it be dyed with something? Or do we all have to look the same riding the white / gray bird like a bunch of ...... well i cant say what i want to say :hahaha:
They changed to this color by popular demand. I liked the original green color.

If I get one it will be for my zoo.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
would be nice to have a choice

when you go buy a car, you usually have a choice of paint color

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Why would ressing your own paroxy mount be a bug? I’ve always thought it was a nice feature. Those things are not cheap and they don’t drop often. They also only provide 12% reduction instead of 20% from exceptional
deeds.

I’ve understood them as a convenience; no need to re armor and easier to res. But the cost is less damage reduction

it seems like it was designed that way the same way vanity mounts or vvv warhorses can be ressed.

the fact that it only works in tram leads me to believe it is actually intended

I would have liked to see the design as 20% paroxy, 12% exceptional deed, 10% non exceptional

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mervyn sees bugs where none exist.

Last edited:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets.

If something give 12% damage reduction its not vanity. It's utility.

I bet pawain get in trouble many time with tax man when he try to pass things off as business expense. when its leisure.

mihali

Sage
The parody and Ozy Hiryu, not too bad 12% damage reduction. By the way is it ALL damage including spell caused damage that is reduced of just physical damage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets.

If something give 12% damage reduction its not vanity. It's utility.

I bet pawain get in trouble many time with tax man when he try to pass things off as business expense. when its leisure.
Make sure you talk about business for a few minutes when taking people out to dinner and make note of the date and what you talked about. Talk to the pool professionals at resorts or on cruises and ask them how they keep their pools sparkling.

Kyronix Posts: 1,082Dev
October 17 Flag
The mount is a luxury item - for those who are interested in displaying their leetness. Should the price be too great for you, that's understandable. There's lots of great items to fit all Britannian budgets. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Luxury ---- Vanity same basic thing.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Cool mount, probably easier to get one if these than a paraxymous swampy. I thought this was a good addition to the rewards list.

However, at end of the day, regular swampy with exceptional armor for additional damage reduction is not only better, but easier to find and cheaper. Swampy armor is relatively cheap on VS these days, and easy to craft if you'd rather go that route. Sure it means you have to occasionally dismount and apply more armor to your pet, but you can easily make macros for this to do it in just a couple clicks.

Is the convenience of not having to apply armor worth the additional cost and less damage mitigation? To each their own, but if you only have limited chance to get rewards from this event, I would not spend them on the Hiryu.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It appears that you lack the initiative or ability to discover or figure out things on your own :rolleyes2:
My paroxy went *poof* because I used initiative. Forgive if I don't do that too often and try to rely on devs for accurate info.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My paroxy went *poof* because I used initiative. Forgive if I don't do that too often and try to rely on devs for accurate info.
PM me and I will explain the meaning of the word 'initiative' and how to correctly use it in a sentence :thumbup:

Branden

Journeyman
Has anyone tried to transfer a toon with the hiryu yet was thinking about buying one from ATL n bring it back to home shard but don’t want to open n find out the bird itself is shard bound lmao

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tried to transfer a toon with the hiryu yet was thinking about buying one from ATL n bring it back to home shard but don’t want to open n find out the bird itself is shard bound lmao
Nothing in pet form is shard bound. But, you need to open it on the permanent owner.