• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiryu Combat Characteristics

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been training up a lesser hiryu that was spawned at 96% rating. So far it is up to 700HP/150Stam/1500Mana, 700/150/370 stats, 20/5/30 regens, 120s scrolled and CHIV/AI build with the native Dismount and Grasping Claw.
Anyway, I also have a PP Nightmare with an AI/Chiv build, same regens and base stats (but less HP and mana than the Hiryu) and I've noticed that the Nightmare constantly burns all its mana during a fight and on longer fights is working from the bottom of it's mana pool around, 20-50. The hiryu however, barely uses his mana and is usually only down to 1300-1400.

I haven't done any studies of the damage dealt over time between the two pets, but I was curious if there was an obvious answer to why they are behaving so differently. Is it purely do to the AI of the two creatures? Was it a mistake to waste all the time and scrolls on the hiryu? I know its damage type isn't as good being purely physical, but otherwise I thought its high points to build from would have made it worthwhile.

Thanks for any insight from more experienced tamers.

Kir

Journeyman
Hmm, I'm not sure why the Lesser is not using abilities as it should be... I do have multiple lesser with different build. I "feel" lesser is easier to control overall, eg. not stray around and change target as often (I use my Chiv/AI Lesser for Invasion event, 90% of the time when it doesn't change target, I will net a book).

Have you tried using the Taming mastery, Berserk for both? (And see if it makes any difference.)

My experience with my PP nightmare was not as good, as I feel it's doing lesser damage than I want....(also feels less damage than the Lesser Hiryu...)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nightmare has dragon breath, it's a mana hog.
Dragon Breath also has a cooldown, so it's not that bad of a mana hog.

The Lesser Hiryu may be opting to use Dismount, and it fails (therefore not costing Mana) because the foe isn't mounted.