• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Highest dmg pet on a single target

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Simple question :) Which pet and with what specs? AI/Chiv? Let's ignore the resists for now.
I'm sure others with more taming knowledge will be able to confirm (or correct) but yes AI/Chiv is the highest damage pet on a single target. Enemy of One will give them the damage bump on regular hits (plus their random consecrate weapon) while AI will also give high levels of damage.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Simple question :) Which pet and with what specs? AI/Chiv? Let's ignore the resists for now.
If we are not talking about resists it will be AP/Chiv. Because AI actually decrease damage when target's resists are low.

You better discuss some exact boss you are trying to kill. Not just a fat single target with zero resists which doesn't exist in game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we are not talking about resists it will be AP/Chiv. Because AI actually decrease damage when target's resists are low.

You better discuss some exact boss you are trying to kill. Not just a fat single target with zero resists which doesn't exist in game.
I think we calculated around 50 resist was the cutoff in a thread for AP.

Yes depends on the target resists as to which pet does more damage.

A WW with 760 str did the highest damage hit to the drone on TC. They should return that drone.
It had all 80 resists. And everyone could see the numbers.

Spiros

Visitor
the mighty WW. Good idea! ... with consecrate weapon resists should be taken care of most of the time, shouldn't they?

Fillip

Visitor
WW is not FWW . WW only works if there are many goals. FWW works even with one goal.

If you use chivalry, part of the damage will be increased, and part of the damage will be lost when the pet uses the wrong Chivalry magic. Chivalry is great magic against one target and very bad if there are several targets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ohh. ok)

All dragons have dragon breath. This is bad for damage, it reduces DPS
No a WW only has magery which can be replaced. Also has split damage 50 phy, 50 cold.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I’ve had my chiv Ram hit for over 400 pts damage on a single hit on a balron paragon while using berserk.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
ohh. ok)

All dragons have dragon breath. This is bad for damage, it reduces DPS
Not all
Dragons from Krampush encounter dont. Same for Stygian Drake (spawns with STR 810+). But both are rarely used.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve had my chiv Ram hit for over 400 pts damage on a single hit on a balron paragon while using berserk.
Berserk lowers healing(except life leech), but increases damage.

Ap, discord, grasping claw, and rune coruption all stacked, i wonder what kinda damage we could get, maybe by knocking someone into the negative numbers of resists?

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Ap, discord, grasping claw, and rune coruption all stacked, i wonder what kinda damage we could get, maybe by knocking someone into the negative numbers of resists?
Niporaliem have 0 resists in fire. You can test anything there .

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Yeah the Ram do

The Ram does life leech. Acts as a pet sampire.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Yes, i was trying to help explain your damage.
The Ram is on Great Lakes.. If the stars aligned and we were both on GL I would love to test out the damage it could do with buffs from other pets.. i could bring along my bard for the extra damage buffs too.. The Ram is still only 112 or 113 Chiv... he has room to grow

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Yes, i was trying to help explain your damage.
The Ram is on Great Lakes.. If the stars aligned and we were both on GL I would love to test out the damage it could do with buffs from other pets.. i could bring along my bard for the extra damage buffs too.. The Ram is still only 112 or 113 Chiv... he has room to grow

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends. Like said, a Chiv+AI Ossein Ram under Berserk can dish out huge hits when taking a lot of incoming damage (which it can heal through due to those big hits leeching through Berserk).
A pre-patch WW can have up to 760 STR (or up to 825 if a Gen 1 "Ancient" WW), and has no useless specials, so can rapidly pump out high damage AIs.
Stygian Drakes can have up to 825 STR and no useless specials, but are always 4 slot at spawn, and so extremely tight on Training Points.

There's some 3 slot Dragons that managed to be leveled without immediately slot-jumping to 4 slots, back when that was possible for a brief period of time. They can have up to 825 STR.
There's some exploited Shadow Wyrms that still exist with Chiv+AI, and those things are unholy monstrosities. Up to 1,030 STR and 29-35 Base Damage.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw, pls dont forget a bane dragon with chiv/ai plus the hidden autopoison, works very well on a single target, too.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did some more testing with Stygian Drakes, and even a 100% rating Stygian Drake can only get up to 24 MR if you go with 150 Stam/Chivalry/120 Chiv PS/120 Wrest PS/AI and 80/80/65/60/80 Resists with 24-33 Base Damage. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com
You'd have to drop the Resists down to like 80/80/52/52/80 to fit 30 MR on it. No HPR or SR on it, and no other PS. Definitely cramped on points.

Stygian Drake would have 114-157 Modified Base Damage with 24-33 Base Damage/825 STR/GM Tact/GM Anat/120 Chiv.
A pet with 24-33 Base Damage/700 STR/120 Tact/120 Anat/120 Chiv (easily achievable on most pets) would have 110-152 Modified Base Damage, so not much less than a max Stygian Drake, while having more overall Resist, Regens, Skills, and Health.
Just for laughs, one of those exploited Shadow Wyrms would have 155-188 Modified Base Damage with 29-35 Base Damage/1,030 STR/GM Tact/GM Anat/120 Chiv...

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stygian Drake, since I am not a fan of flappys. I have never had an urge to make one.

But if you do want to make one it sounds like it would be something for Dreadhorn. Adjust the resists accordingly, no need for anything but Poison and Physical resists, but that still wont save many points. Give it Grasping Claw/AI/Chiv. Would be something to use one of these for. Especially if you have one of the Rare White heads.

Ill stick with my Green Hiryu tho.

Especially after playing with the planner. I wouldn't waste my time on a SD no room for the bells and whistles.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Stygian Drake, since I am not a fan of flappys. I have never had an urge to make one.

But if you do want to make one it sounds like it would be something for Dreadhorn. Adjust the resists accordingly, no need for anything but Poison and Physical resists, but that still wont save many points. Give it Grasping Claw/AI/Chiv. Would be something to use one of these for. Especially if you have one of the Rare White heads.

Ill stick with my Green Hiryu tho.

Especially after playing with the planner. I wouldn't waste my time on a SD no room for the bells and whistles.
I have one of these rare white Stygian Drakes I’m selling for a friend if anyone wants one. It’s STR is 811. Mana and hit points are in the 400s. It’s still a 4 slot and at 100% combat training. All skills are at 100.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tamed a Crimson Stygian Drake last night, and killed a Pink. Killed tons of Ice Blues as well, those are really common.