• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Update 10/1

G

Gowron

Cal/Messana,

First off, I want to congratulate the Dev team for putting this together. I'm much more excited about this expansion than I was for any of the other previous ones to include Stygian Abyss! I think you've done a superb job on balancing the complexity of ship operations and maintenance with the ease of gameplay (not too hard, and not too easy).

I would like to see the ability to sail between Trammel, Felucca, and Tokuno in the same manner of sailing between Britannia and The Lost Lands.

Not having this feature is, in my personal opinion, a serious detractor from all the other great stuff you have worked on. It just seems like it would be such an easy feature to add in the limited time you have left before release.

Also, some other things to consider.

- Saltpeter should be able to be purchased from alchemy shops in towns that also have shipwrights. Will this also show up as loot? (Of course, I may yield this point if prices remain constant and do go up as people buy and continue to repeatedly be restocked)

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal, Mesanna and the whole team working on this... thank you.

Your responsiveness to issues and the effort the whole team is putting forth to get this rolling is impressive.

Keep up the good work. It is much appreciated.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I would like to see the ability to sail between Trammel, Felucca, and Tokuno in the same manner of sailing between Britannia and The Lost Lands."
- Gowron

Currently, the Sepent Pillars in Felucca are the only teleports between oceans. I think the they were originally added to Felucca because one cannot teleport out of the Lost Lands of Fel. But you only need to drydock & recall to travel between Trammel, Felucca and Tokuno.

G

Gowron

"I would like to see the ability to sail between Trammel, Felucca, and Tokuno in the same manner of sailing between Britannia and The Lost Lands."
- Gowron

Currently, the Sepent Pillars in Felucca are the only teleports between oceans. I think the they were originally added to Felucca because one cannot teleport out of the Lost Lands of Fel. But you only need to drydock & recall to travel between Trammel, Felucca and Tokuno.
The Serpent Pillars had been in place before the Tram/Felucca split, but that is not the main point.

With the increased size of the hold, and if people are going to use them, it will be more difficult to drydock the ship to recall to those other places. Also, can a ship be drydocked if cannons are placed, or do the cannons need to be removed as well?

I'd prefer to have a choice of whether to drydock and recall/gate or sail a course to reach my destination.

Y

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can drydock ship with mounted cannons, you only need to clear the cargo hold.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can drydock ship with mounted cannons, you only need to clear the cargo hold.

I tried that the other night. I put the contents of the hold into one of those neat little crates and then tried to dry dock. Couldn't do it til I dismantled the cannon.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yep cannons will keep you from dry dock and so will the fish monger quests

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oo
I have 2 (two) dry docked ships with cannons.
Just tested again, can dry dock them without a problem.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried that the other night. I put the contents of the hold into one of those neat little crates and then tried to dry dock. Couldn't do it til I dismantled the cannon.
Was the cannon damaged or something? I have a boat in dry form in my bag with 7 cannons, Maybe a recent change stopped it?

Another thing to check, Perhaps you had a pirate pole on the deck? I know that stops you dry docking.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really hoping there is another patch this week to fix the niggling issues... The 'You can't place a ship becase you already have one...' bug is till around.

Don't release the booster with untested fixes...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really hoping there is another patch this week to fix the niggling issues... The 'You can't place a ship becase you already have one...' bug is till around.

Don't release the booster with untested fixes...
From the two comments from Devs this week 'We'll have that fixed for release' I'm thinking they aren't planning any more updates to TC. Hope nothing nasty slips through. :(

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I think the sash should have an additional mod. LMC would fit well, or even just simple Damage Increase but as it stands it's property weight is low compared to the Lieutenant Sash.