• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Questions

• Thread starter Macrophage999
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

Macrophage999

Hello all,
I have just used the promotion to buy High Seas and I have a few questions:
1) My character is a long term 7 skills fisher/tamer. 120 fishing doesnt really fit in that template so I wanted to know if there was really any bonus into going to 120?
2) Those cooking recipes seem great but I was wondering if they were allowing you to exceed cap (for example can you go over 45 hci cap with them? or over 70 resist etc...).
3) Is it just me or MIB drop rate is a lot lower now? Any point into doing standard mibs?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#1 & #2 are out of my area (don't cook, and most of the reason to go to 120 is for the fish that cook)

#3: That's just the RNG - for me, the MIB drop rate has been a lot higher since High Seas came around. The Standard MIBs now have 10k (instead of 1k) gold per level, and some loot that only comes from them (deco such as parts to assemble grapevines like those outside Empath Abby, and some useful items such as the kelp leggings and driftwood bow). They also are a good source of gems (I think the number per chest was increased) and stuff to unravel (or occasionally, jewelry to imbue) for Imbuing. Over the last few nights, I spent down-time between hunts fishing up SOS, and banked over 500k gold, and about 100 of each gem for my imbuer (plus several hundred residue and essence, after unraveling the junk).

M

Macrophage999

Thank you for the reply; when you say those useful items such as kelp leggings only drop from Mibs do you mean they only drop from plain mibs (and not ancient sos)?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the kelp leggings appear in any level I have gotten all three in one chest a few times as to the question on if 120 is worth it? I believe it helps increase the chance of rare fish and mibs I am now getting mibs a lot more than what i was!

Also seems i get less shoes and boots the higher i go but this could just be rng

M

Macrophage999

After around 20 hours of fishing I average around 4 mib per hour. Is your frequency significantly higher than that?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would say yes but to be honest I dont count but i would say min would be 4 per hour and I am only at 110 atm

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok i just went out for 30 min(timed with the timer included in the EC) I fished up 4 serps 3 had mibs also caught 2 big fish and 1 yellow tail 2 pearls and 3 scales and a hole lot of named fish

Not conclusive but seems about normal for me hope it helps some

M

Macrophage999

Thank you for that info. I fish around 8/9 serpents per hour as well but the rate on mibs is only 45%. I fish about one giant barracuda per hour as well. Shoes is about 25 per hour (around 8% of the number of fishing casts).
Would be worth investigating in a longer run. I don't care much about fishing many shoes but (ancient) mibs are cool.

btw high seas was only 2 euro is why I bought it. it's the price on EA store atm. (I think the UK one).