• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Lag

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've noticed I have terrible lag while on the high seas. Have pretty much zero lag at any other time. Soon as I step off a boat, I'm fine. Soon as I get back on the boat.. boom. Terrible performance.

Anyone else have this?

Anyone know a cure?

I'm in the CC.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Turbulent waters?

No idea really. I don't have these issues in the EC.:D

I would open up task manager, and check the CPU usage and memory.

Alot of the time when I'm experiencing lag it has nothing to do with my "connection to the internet", but rather what's going on my local PC.

I'm just saying it's worth it to check the background processes to verify as part of the process of elimination.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually when I have bad lag it's because my computer is fighting the Windows updater... Even if I tell it not to look if there is an update it will lag my computer ..... even if I tell it NOT to install anything and to let me do it... updates for Windows and Adobe will lag my computer. As a general rule if I am going to be doing something important that I don't want lagged up for I'll check to be sure there isn't an update pending prior to starting something.

Another thing that causes lag is the weather... if it's storming and raining or heavy winds then I can be sure to have lag. Otherwise I'm running pretty solid pretty fast. And that's with Broadband Cable... However if the squirrels in the area have run out of things to sharpen their rodent teeth on... and they turn to chewing the cable outside that will make my internet grind to a halt pretty much... and then when it rains some bad stuff can happen to my internet... When that happens I call the cable company to come check my lines for chews.