• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] High SDI Spellbooks

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How are these high spell damage increase spellbooks made? Is it all just a random chance one might be produced, or is there some special tool needed?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it depends on your definition of "high SDI"... are you talking about the normal spell books with like 12% SDI? If so then yes this is made by a scribe and the mods are 100% random in number and intensity (I think 12 SDI is max on a normal spellbook). Are you thinking "high" is 25% SDI on the scrappers? If so all of those come with 25% SDI as a default as long as you have the recipe you can make that (you are hoping for a random good slayer there). If you are talking about 25+ SDI then you are referring to the invasion / event spellbooks which can't be made. Over the past few years the up to 30% SDI books have been a somewhat annual event around Halloween time (latest was at Khuldan, year before that was Mages dungeon, year before that might have been Kotl?) but I think the only time the up to 50% SDI was a year or two ago invasion (killing mages got them) and you would need to buy these (or wait for the next invasion!).

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, thanks! I was wondering how those 40% and over SDI's came into existence.