• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Plains Boura

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
High Plains Boura - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

2 =>5 slot

Found in Ter Mur

They have really high str and HP for a 2 slot pet. You will probably have more points than you need when finished. They would make a big tank pet.

They have high 80s to 90s skills when tamed. Very easy to train. Took 1 hr to get the first 100% on the crazy mage. Someone joined me at 70% or it would have been quicker.

This is a complicated pet. Read the Training Notes at the bottom before you choose abilities.

They start like this:

upload_2017-12-28_0-16-39.png

The resistances start like this:

upload_2017-12-28_0-21-34.png

They do 100% Physical Damage:

upload_2017-12-28_0-22-52.png

They start with this ability:

upload_2017-12-28_0-23-30.png

Training menu looks like this:

upload_2017-12-28_0-28-55.png

The Special Moves are:

upload_2017-12-28_0-32-3.png

The Magical Abilities are:

upload_2017-12-28_0-34-12.png

Ill put a pic of each one: (Poisoning costs 100 points)

upload_2017-12-28_0-38-13.png

upload_2017-12-28_0-41-24.png

upload_2017-12-28_0-43-5.png

upload_2017-12-28_0-44-23.png

Special Training Notes!

A. If you choose a Special Move, you can only choose poison as a magic.

B, You can choose 2 Special Moves and then Poison. (you can compare Armor ignore and Armor Pierce)

C. If you choose poison first you get new options: Area Effect shown

upload_2017-12-28_1-1-36.png

The Special Moves are the same.

If you do option C. and choose an Area Effect, you can now choose a magic again and get a result as this: (the poisoning ability goes away but you keep the area ability) (I chose slashing)

upload_2017-12-28_1-11-54.png

I think this would be a nice pet.

But there's more!

If you choose Poisoning first and then put a Special Move on:

You don't get any more choices:

upload_2017-12-28_1-21-23.png

But you get something you could have made earlier:

upload_2017-12-28_1-23-24.png

But you could have chosen another Special move and had poison if you did option B.

So that is the High Plains Boura.

In Memorium to the many Boura that were killed by the New Haven Guards in order to bring you this thread.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finished it. I chose poison first and chose Aura of Nausea. Then I chose a new magic, Slashing.

It has 747 points left. It could get a mix scrolls, Mana and Hit Points, and some Int.

It will not poison. It has 47 Bushido for the Nerve Strike.

Ill test it when it bonds. It is for sale on LS tho.

upload_2017-12-30_22-51-17.png

Wish I could make a Cu or a Hiryu with those abilities.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Looks interesting.

I do wonder, maybe goo, mortal strike then piercing?
Might make for a fun test

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks interesting.

I do wonder, maybe goo, mortal strike then piercing?
Might make for a fun test
They dont have Area abilities until you add poison. Then they only get the 3 poison based ones. I picked the most expensive choice because they have the extra points.

If you choose mortal first you can only choose poison as a magic and then all choices go away.

I'm glad they are easy to tame and I have a rune to their home. TC Haven had 6 of them walking around till the guards whacked them. I tried many combos. Trained and picked choices on at least 10 of them on TC.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took it for a test. It regens mana so slow it cant do but 1 spell every 30 sec or so. And it takes longer when it wants to do the spells that cost over 100 Mana. And with so many spells I didn't see Armor Ignore used.

upload_2018-1-6_0-39-52.png

Took 20 Minutes to kill it. Had to run consume and heal it some.

Fudly

Visitor
In hindsight, what's the best way to spec these? I'm a noob tamer and I finally got some of these bonded. I won't have better pets for a long while.

Is it really advantageous to have a bunch of moves? I'd think that if they only had one good one, they'd just do that a lot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can choose Armor ignore, Armor Pierce and then poison. They will just have those and tail swipe.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so are these things slow at mana regen even with GM focus/Meditation and 30 mana regen??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. They are a slow mana regent pet.

Like a Cu or Nightmare.