• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiding around aggressors?

G

Valor Isle is to me the toughest of all places to recall to. What I try to do is hit my hiding key as I recall. When there isn't anything around I seem to pull it off okay. But when I recall to Valor I never seem that lucky. If you have the hiding skill above GM does this change or is that just the way they made the skill?

G

You can't have hiding above GM! It is impossible. What I do is set a macro to invis myself with a single key stroke. As soon as I recall I hit the invis self macro. Once invised I hit my hide macro. At gm hiding you will never fail to hide if invised. I then stealth off and do my thing.....

G

Once again My Friend you come through with a plan. Thanks I knew there had to be a better way than the one I was doing.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're being targetted by multiple monsters, you can also use the teleport spell and then hide. Teleporting causes the monsters that target you to untarget you...

There is however a downside to this. If there are monsters on the same screen that haven't targetted you yet, teleporting will cause them to target you

G

The teleport trick is a handy one...I have macros set for teleport.

It is the best way to deal with getting away from paragons...or getting by them.

We all know a paragon will out run any non-hacker on foot if you try to run from them.
But you can cast a series of teleport spells and slide right by a paragon with out him ever targeting you!!!
It is a good trick to learn and perfect....and I thank Anne Nomilly for teaching me it a few years ago!

TW