• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hide / Remove Boat Sails

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen videos with folks running around and the tree were stumps. I was thinking what ever edit they did, perhaps it could be done to remove sails. Maybe removing the trees also removes the sails?.

If you have knowledge and understanding how to do this edit for OSI Classic Client please share.

Thanks!

mihali

Sage
If it is CC that you are looking at, there are 2 possibilities: One is an illegal client use that removes trees to stumps and also sails, the other maybe UOAssist but not sure since have never used. The more likely possibility is you are looking at EC (Enhanced Client), that does this nicely, as a normal option, and makes also the seawater and boats look really awesome.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
The more likely possibility is you are looking at EC (Enhanced Client), that does this nicely, as a normal option, and makes also the seawater and boats look really awesome.
Thats pincos, and its an addon that does the same thing as the 'hack' for CC. It modifies the game files to remap trees, shrubs and what not to the stump graphic.

They would save everyone some grief if theyd just make this a real option.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow thanks for all the feedback. I did find some stuff on how to do it. It requires a person to change some art files? Never tried to do that before. I had hoped it was just a quick change inside a text file.

I think I'll submit it to the dev team. Never know, it might be something they can do. would be nice to have it built into the Classic Client.

Maybe someone else will chime in with a solution / work around.

mihali

Sage
Yep. All the EC has to offer is really awesome, particularly pertains to the Pirates event and boating. Not to mention the massive improvement is creating in game macros that work! (Finally). Better attack macros, spell casting archer melee and 2 tons of other things. Also, interesting I found that EC is actually a faster client, and actions engage much faster than CC. No need for any adds or other clients at all for me, EC is good enough. (Even though it crashes on occasion, lol).:) Just got to try it to see how it works. I think there may be some libraries on EC macros, on uo.com, and stratics also, not too hard to figure out either.
I just feel bad I did not try EC seriously before now.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya for sure! EC has some nice stuff but for us... we still prefer the look of the pets, monsters and the characters from classic client. I guess, we are to far gone and prefer the old school look.

Thank you everyone for your help and feedback it means a great deal to see lots of us still here.

Last edited: