• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hidden forge/anvil Tutorial with storage

F

feath

This is my first tutorial, so hope it works out okay. hope you like the idea :eek:

personally, i've never liked having a huge hot forge sitting in my house. i found a way to disguise it so no one will ever know! here's how i did it.

As with most every house deco idea, you need three very important things.
1. house deco tool
2. square gaza mats (9 in this case)
3. axe

in this deco idea, you will need as well
2 chests, color up to you (silver looks best)
1 abbatoir
1 small forge
1 anvil, facing any way

right then... the pictures!

step 1 -
lay out the 9 gaza mats, 3 x 3

step 2 -
in the north corner, place your anvil

step 3 -
using your deco tool, raise all the mats up 8 or 9 bumps. keep them even.

step 4 -
place the small forge on the center gaza mat

step 5 -
using the deco tool, lower the forge until it goes under the mat. then raise the mat so you can see, and continue to lower the forge until it cant be lowered any more.

step 6 -
using the deco tool, raise all the mats to highest level. (ignore the tick in the down box, i had first lowered it even, then raised them all. no need to lower the middle one first)

step 7 -
place the abbatoir in the center of the gaza mats.

step 8 -
Axe away the gaza mats. first get all the ones you can see.

step 9 -
There will be 3 that you can't see. either exit the building and come back, or dismount and remount. they will flip on top of the abbatoir, and you can easily axe them.

step 10 -
slip the two chests under the abbatoir. i had green on hand, so used them for the tutorial, but i think silver/grey would look best. Turn the south one facing south, and the east one facing east, if needed, using the deco tool.

Step 11 -
Decorate the top of your abbatoir with anything! my house is a garden, so i had a backpack full of plants when i made this, so on they went! REMEMBER to raise the item 1 or 2 times, otherwise they will fall through the bits of the abbatoir, and get lost!

it's a perfectly working forge with anvil! no need to stand next to some bellowing yellow flame ;)

hope this was helpful, and you can use it.