• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Hi.

Helms

Visitor
This is Mike, former player of Beleg Megil, Port Hildreth, Gil'galad, Mika'el Ha'elm, Kuile, various incarnations of Green Arrow, and dozens of other.

Despite any rumors to the contrary, I have no plans to ever return to UO, in any form. I just don't have it in me, anymore, to want to play. Sure, I miss it, and the people, and it was great, but missing isn't enough to make me return. It was great, while it lasted, but my heart isn't there, anymore. (For those in the betting pool who had their money on Beleg's player not actually having a heart, you lose. Unless you took the over/under option that I *eventually* wouldn't have one. Then, congratulations, I now do not. Winner, winner.)

As for my characters, consider that the Silverwood associated "good" ones up and vanished, one day, leaving a note which explains that Beleg's help, as our version of Britannia's Master of Bladesingers, and Hand of Eru for this world (sort of like a version of The Pope, but of a religion based on the Elven pantheon of gods, with enhanced paladin powers, an enchanted (moonblade) sword, a slightly glowing set of body tattoos, and matching moonstone embedded in his forehead) and he was summoned to travel to a predominantly Elven planet in another dimension, to help fight a massive world war against a massive army that I totally stole from LOTR, led by a very Sauron-like demigod, made up of the traditional orcs, goblins, and such, but with the addition of zombies, vampires, all forms of undead, and....what the hell, a few demons.

I assume the female characters of Silverwood also went through this dimensional portal to fight, and support their mates. Up to Ahmaya's player, if she ever returns. It is also entirely up to her, should she ever come back to UO, whether my characters survived, or died, or converted to evil, or were turned into zombies, vampires, and had to be destroyed, were shrank to microscopic size and accidentally stepped on by the family cat, or somehow, the portal malfunctioned and killed all males, either on the trip there, or the way back. Or maybe just the males were unable to come back. Who knows, not my call, don't care.

My evil/dark/complicated characters likely followed through the portal, because they are nosey, exploitive assclowns. Their fate is also totally up to Maya's player.

Basically, whatever Maya's player decides, to make it easier in character, for her to move on, goes. Should she ever decide to start playing, again. She doesn't have plans to do so, but you never know.

Should anyone decide they want to play the sixth character to take the title of Green Arrow, assume the then current Green Arrow character shot the mystical green arrow relic up into the air before leaving through the portal. It will stay aloft, far up in the sky, too far to see, until the relic decides upon a worthy successor. Basically, whoever that is becomes the next archery-based protector of Britannia named Green Arrow.

If this happens, or if the relic never chooses a successor, and the Green Arrow legacy ends with me, I do not care. Totally up to you guys, ando the community. Well, sort of. If anyone does want to assume the role and run with it, I leave the power to give the player who wishes to do it to Aedon. If he decides you can do it, or if he wants to play it, himself, or wants to retire the storyline, it's all up to him.

Miss ya, brother.

Ok, that's that. Have fun storming the castle, and all that, and thanks to all players who became friends, over the past almost 2 decades. You were a big part of my life, and you all know who you are.

Have fun, be good to each other, and goodbye.

-m

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Mik,
It has been a long time since I heard anything from you and it goes without saying that you have and will continue to be greatly missed by me and many others. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for you and your many characters, and Aedon has carried the tales of Mika'el, Beleg and Green Arrow to Lotro and back with him. He still bears the remnants of the mark of Corellon on his wrists and regales folks with tales of Aegis and Silverwood.

Though you are not planning to return to UO I hope that someday we meet again on another plane of existence. Then as now you will be my brother.

Namaria-J.

Clive Dauthi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Glad to hear from you Mike, I just recently came back to UO so hate to see Clive and Beleg will never get a death match; but good to hear you are still kicking and wish you the best of luck!

Helms

Visitor
Beleg may pop up in a story, from time to time. And Clive would win an ultimate showdown. In a way :)

Glad you came back, you are one of the most creative minds the community ever had, and the only one who created a character added to official game lore (on multiple shards!)

Miss ya, General. I'll be checking in.