• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi there!

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone! im an old player with free shard, but im new on official server.
I'll try...
Can anyone tell me how many players are active on average for each server?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to the community! :)

The developers have never actually given a specific number of how many people play each server, but Atlantic is by far the most active and usually has at least 100 or so people online at most times of day, although some of them might be doing things by themselves, or could be hidden.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks!
With atlantic shard i have ping 180-200ms. For UO this ping is good or not?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks!
With atlantic shard i have ping 180-200ms. For UO this ping is good or not?
The lower your ping on a shard is, the less lag you will have on that shard. So, whichever shard has the lowest ping is the one you will be fastest on, and whichever has the highest ping is the one you will get the most lag on.

Hokuto and Yamato seem to be the most populated shards on the Eastern side of the world if your ping is better there, but neither are as active as Atlantic is.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The lower your ping on a shard is, the less lag you will have on that shard. So, whichever shard has the lowest ping is the one you will be fastest on, and whichever has the highest ping is the one you will get the most lag on.

Hokuto and Yamato seem to be the most populated shards on the Eastern side of the world if your ping is better there, but neither are as active as Atlantic is.
Ok, i'll Try to go on Atlantic, i prefer more player. On saturday night are someone?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, i'll Try to go on Atlantic, i prefer more player. On saturday night are someone?
Yep, there should be lots of people around on Saturday night. the easiest place to find people is at Luna bank, there's always a bunch of people there.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another question :)
- In free shard there a possibility of extern software for macroing. In official UO, macro made only with integrated system?
- what type of client is most used?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another question :)
In free shard there a possibility of extern software for macroing. In official UO, macro made only with integrated system?
Yes, in the Official UO the only macros that can be used are ones that are in the game itself. The only exception would be the program called UO Assist which the developers have said is legal. All other 3rd party programs and software would not be allowed.