• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi, returning player here. Have some questions.

Xtal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I quit the official servers when AoS came out, and have played primarily pre-aos servers since then. I decided to return to the real servers today and made a new account. I've dabbled in some free shards that have some of the newer content, but am no expert so I was wondering what are some powerful PvE and PvP templates these days. Any thoughts? I'm playing on Atlantic btw.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sampire still popular for spawn - or pure paladin with 120 chivalry - or paladin with bushido
Mystic mage bard with discord or provoke very versatile, especially for a gargoyle who can fly in and out of situations (120 mystic, 120 focus, 120 music, 120 discord or provoke (can switch with soulstone), 110 magery or better, meditation
Tamer with greater dragon still popular, especially with the new masteries, often with spellweaving added
Preferred template depends on what spawn or boss you're fighting and whatever you like to mess with
These are generalities. Look in the stratics profession forums for the latest details

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back, Xtal. My favorite templates are the mystic mage spellweaver, the chivalry archer, and now working on a tamer with disco or spellweaving (using soulstones). A lot of people like having a sampire--but those need pretty high end armor, at least that is what folks tell me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of people like having a sampire--but those need pretty high end armor, at least that is what folks tell me
Actually, you can kill almost anything except the really nasty bosses with a sampire with pretty basic armor that costs very little. For years, I played a sampire with just basic armor imbued with 70 resists and 40 lower mana cost (extra hit points and mana nice but optional); jewelry with basic damage increase, hit chance increase, defense chance increase and some extra strength; and swords with damage increase and mana leech for the special moves like whirlwind and armor ignore - all stuff I could make myself with an imbuer, loot or buy pretty cheaply. It's the pure paladin or bushido paladin with the 100 percent elemental life-leech weapons for the high-end bosses that can cost you a lot of money

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the profession forums Warrior, Spellcaster, and Tamer.