• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hi Pacific

M

Morrolan

You last visited: 08-04-2007

Been a while :p

I wondering who was still around that I used to PvP with/against. I'm playing Darkfall now on NA-1 and I'm surprised at the lack of old Pacific players. Any of you guys on there under different names?

-Morrolan

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You last visited: 08-04-2007

Been a while :p

I wondering who was still around that I used to PvP with/against. I'm playing Darkfall now on NA-1 and I'm surprised at the lack of old Pacific players. Any of you guys on there under different names?

-Morrolan
Can you guess who I am???

M

Morrolan

6 minute response, what took you so long Tesla?

did you end up skipping Darkfall?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 minute response, what took you so long Tesla?

did you end up skipping Darkfall?
MmHmm, too many people convinced me not to play... I played Warhammer. Made a 40, and a bunch of others...

Just sitting here waiting on SA!

S

SUPRsalad

Gemma/Jubei here. Never played with you but welcome back.
Lots of old players still around, but I doubt you'll find them on stratics.

G

Gellor

Hi there Mor... good to see an old familiar face pop up.:thumbsup:

D

DemonicTutor

Hi Mr. Morrolan. hope all is well. ...and hi pacific.

I got you beat btw.. You last visited: 03-15-2006 ;)

O

Ooguk [Cove]

Morrolan I got your Aos sandals from an Idoc, a few of them actually they are all dyable I will sell them to you for 10m ea.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Mr. Morrolan. hope all is well. ...and hi pacific.

I got you beat btw.. You last visited: 03-15-2006 ;)

Demonic,
I have your Soul Stones and a personal bless deed. If you return please contact me and I will return them (free of charge).
I still have them only because I was too lazy to sort through IDOC stuff I had dropped in one of my houses...

M

Morrolan

Morrolan I got your Aos sandals from an Idoc, a few of them actually they are all dyable I will sell them to you for 10m ea.
so Tremor let my house fall eh? I wish that fickle pancake would have just given my account back rather than let it fall apart. Unfortunately I'm not returning to UO though. Despite its rough launch, Darkfall is a game that actually has a future - unlike UO which is forever going to be plagued by carebear devs and a rampant speedhacking playerbase with no respect for the way this game used to be played. Besides, there are free shards I can play if I ever really got the itch.

Tesla I'm assuming the people who told you to stay away were Ang and Ren? :p They didn't seem too thrilled with the FPS aspect of DF's combat.

So the rest of you guys who posted here... whats your deal? You all skipped DF like Tesla and his WoW-loving friends?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so Tremor let my house fall eh? I wish that fickle pancake would have just given my account back rather than let it fall apart. Unfortunately I'm not returning to UO though. Despite its rough launch, Darkfall is a game that actually has a future - unlike UO which is forever going to be plagued by carebear devs and a rampant speedhacking playerbase with no respect for the way this game used to be played. Besides, there are free shards I can play if I ever really got the itch.

Tesla I'm assuming the people who told you to stay away were Ang and Ren? :p They didn't seem too thrilled with the FPS aspect of DF's combat.

So the rest of you guys who posted here... whats your deal? You all skipped DF like Tesla and his WoW-loving friends?
It WAS them... Describe the game for me... Maybe I'll tag it up a bit... I am not even CLOSE to wow interest to be honest.

I am enjoying the new expantion.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's so mean baron lol, atleast sell for cheap your obviously already rich bro.

No need to go overboard!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morro I tried Darkfall but the movement and pvp made me dizzy and gave me a headache, but all 1st person games do that to me, so I didnt even give them a 2nd month, You also know where I was Playing but I pKed a GM (and pets)on one of her normal characters and in a rage she hit my main account with the banzorstick, so I came back to Pacific (but been doing SA beta for the last 3-4 months or so) while recovering from a motorcycle wreck. It has been a fun and interesting year. If you ever decide to come back to pacific ICQ me I will hook ya up with what I can to help you get back. UO is going through some changes I feel for the positive, SA is a pretty cool Expansion even though its mostly trammie its one of the best since Second age IMHO.

Getting back into PvP on pacific is a tough decision, The playerbase is so fragmented that no matter what guild you end up in you will be fighting against good friends. Like right Now I dont know what Guild I should join very few mage guilds that fight like a unit ya know x-heal and stuff and with factions and my chars being in Minax it also limits options.

Cheats I feel will be going away soon, The devs have mentioned a lot about fixing issues after SA is running well that im looking forward to, I dont want to fry my $4k CPU just to be able to compete so I will be patient for now. But in the new user agreement there is a section where you agree that the UO software can search the memory for unapproved 3rd party softwares which to me says they are indeed going to try to do something about the plauge in UO (who knows they could be collecting info as we speak).:thumbsup: Anyway man I hope your doing well and your life brings many positive moments, and maybe one day we will fight again be it with or against eachother.

G

Gellor

Cheats I feel will be going away soon, The devs have mentioned a lot about fixing issues after SA is running well that im looking forward to,
Twice a year the devs make a hubub about "fixing" cheats and yet... here we are... still inundated with them.

Morro, I've been UO only. Haven't tried ANY of the other online game offerings. Mostly due to not liking their graphic perspective. I like the 3/4 ISO view of UO:thumbup:

And you are right, PvP wise, the main base is corrupt as hell as that duel thread there shows. Kinda sad when a player even says "Ill re duel him when something updates." *rolleyes*

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting back into PvP on pacific is a tough decision, The playerbase is so fragmented that no matter what guild you end up in you will be fighting against good friends. Like right Now I dont know what Guild I should join very few mage guilds that fight like a unit ya know x-heal and stuff and with factions and my chars being in Minax it also limits options.
This is why I say, everyone should just TAKE FL back and restart it... Let all us originals vote in a new leader, and we'll go from there...

No disrespect to Arycke, but he is really busy with RL stuff, and should pass the guild over to the masses...

FL should not be a second string guild to a ****ty faction guild...

FL was it's own EMPIRE!

I say we take it back and vote in a new leader.

S

SUPRsalad

This is why I say, everyone should just TAKE FL back and restart it... Let all us originals vote in a new leader, and we'll go from there...

No disrespect to Arycke, but he is really busy with RL stuff, and should pass the guild over to the masses...

FL was it's own EMPIRE!

I would love nothing more than to see this..

(Proud non-FL member since 1982)

R

Rumpelstiltskin

if DF was not a first person shooter be about 50 timnes better

R

Rumpelstiltskin

FL was it's own EMPIRE!

I voted Haginor!

but seriously if fl was to come back they would need a solid core of pvpers and move to atlantice

M

Morrolan

It WAS them... Describe the game for me... Maybe I'll tag it up a bit... I am not even CLOSE to wow interest to be honest.

I am enjoying the new expantion.
well if you don't like FPS combat you probably won't like Darkfall, simple as that. Everything in the game has to be aimed, even melee swings - there is no targetting.

The PvE and crafting aspects of the game are not impressive at the moment, but they have made some giant leaps since launch and show a lot of potential for the future.

Small scale PvP consists of not only who can aim better but really who can make better use of stealth and terrain to get the advantage on the enemy. There is no moving the camera around like in WoW or Warhammer to see who is around you - if you want to see something, you have to turn and look in first person or in a very limited fixed camera 3rd person mode. You can crouch through tall grass and someone may not realize you are there until you are right behind them, swinging at their back. Sometimes you can be at 10 hp and escape from someone who was just looking right at you just by cleverly dodging around rocks and trees until they lose track of where you ran. Other times you may get caught out in an open field and be totally screwed.

Large scale PvP can consist of anything from large AOE fire walls and acid clouds covering the battlefield to things such as cannons and warhulks (tanks) used in siege warfare when conquering an enemy city. I've seen fights up to 500v500 for control over key cities, which were known to crash the server when the game first came out, but nowadays they have made a lot of fixes/tweaks and its actually pretty impressive how well the game can handle a thousand people in the same area. There is also naval combat with cannon sea battles, although there are still some balancing issues and boats are so expensive that not many people use them at this point.

The world is huge and it takes about 3 hours to get from one end of the map to the other. Runestones exist but are expensive and only available for 1 use. It's both good and bad... having a huge, detailed, immersive world like this is something I haven't really seen since Asheron's Call, amd finding secluded spots to hunt is important since it's all FFA PvP and you could get jumped and looted by anyone, but at the same time, you may find yourself losing a lot of time traveling when trying to meet up with your friends or discover some place new. I guess this depends on the player... some people like getting lost and wandering around exploring. Others are impatient and want PvP every time they look left or right. Although, if you look in the right places, those constant PvP hotspots do exist in both small and large settings.

wow. probably enough of a wall of text for now. I should submit this to a game magazine and get paid for it.

M

Morrolan

if DF did not ban for speedhacking it would be about 50 timnes better
edited your post to more accurately reflect your feelings about the game, now kindly leave my thread - I'm here to find people I enjoyed playing with, not people who act half their age and continuously help to **** up the game.

Back on subject... War.. Demonic... whoever else hasn't answered me... have you guys tried DF? are you going to in the future?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well if you don't like FPS combat you probably won't like Darkfall, simple as that. Everything in the game has to be aimed, even melee swings - there is no targetting.

The PvE and crafting aspects of the game are not impressive at the moment, but they have made some giant leaps since launch and show a lot of potential for the future.

Small scale PvP consists of not only who can aim better but really who can make better use of stealth and terrain to get the advantage on the enemy. There is no moving the camera around like in WoW or Warhammer to see who is around you - if you want to see something, you have to turn and look in first person or in a very limited fixed camera 3rd person mode. You can crouch through tall grass and someone may not realize you are there until you are right behind them, swinging at their back. Sometimes you can be at 10 hp and escape from someone who was just looking right at you just by cleverly dodging around rocks and trees until they lose track of where you ran. Other times you may get caught out in an open field and be totally screwed.

Large scale PvP can consist of anything from large AOE fire walls and acid clouds covering the battlefield to things such as cannons and warhulks (tanks) used in siege warfare when conquering an enemy city. I've seen fights up to 500v500 for control over key cities, which were known to crash the server when the game first came out, but nowadays they have made a lot of fixes/tweaks and its actually pretty impressive how well the game can handle a thousand people in the same area. There is also naval combat with cannon sea battles, although there are still some balancing issues and boats are so expensive that not many people use them at this point.

The world is huge and it takes about 3 hours to get from one end of the map to the other. Runestones exist but are expensive and only available for 1 use. It's both good and bad... having a huge, detailed, immersive world like this is something I haven't really seen since Asheron's Call, amd finding secluded spots to hunt is important since it's all FFA PvP and you could get jumped and looted by anyone, but at the same time, you may find yourself losing a lot of time traveling when trying to meet up with your friends or discover some place new. I guess this depends on the player... some people like getting lost and wandering around exploring. Others are impatient and want PvP every time they look left or right. Although, if you look in the right places, those constant PvP hotspots do exist in both small and large settings.

wow. probably enough of a wall of text for now. I should submit this to a game magazine and get paid for it.
****, now I want to play... I don't like FPS's but I am good at them.

M

Morrolan

****, now I want to play... I don't like FPS's but I am good at them.
yeah I feel the same way about the FPS - I enjoy UO and AC PvP the best, and both were targetting styles. But the fact that DF does the FPS thing, while it has its downsides, definitely allows for a kind of combat that UO and AC could never pull off, especially on the large scale.

Oh and I left out the best part of the game... PLAYER POLITICS: http://darkfallinfo.com/pmap/map/
City control by guilds, zerg alliances that grow and implode, spies and backstabbing, so many different scenarios that play out all the way the players decide they play out. Even if you aren't too big of a fan of the combat (like me) IMO the game is worth playing simply because of this.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah I feel the same way about the FPS - I enjoy UO and AC PvP the best, and both were targetting styles. But the fact that DF does the FPS thing, while it has its downsides, definitely allows for a kind of combat that UO and AC could never pull off, especially on the large scale.

Oh and I left out the best part of the game... PLAYER POLITICS: http://darkfallinfo.com/pmap/map/
City control by guilds, zerg alliances that grow and implode, spies and backstabbing, so many different scenarios that play out all the way the players decide they play out. Even if you aren't too big of a fan of the combat (like me) IMO the game is worth playing simply because of this.
Are those Player Ran guilds that own those areas.

O

Ooguk [Cove]

I looted it from Avasts Tower on Ice Island.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
of course they are player ran , what else would they be ?
So the names I saw in Parenthasis (sp) are player guilds, and guilds can literally own towns... at least till someone takes them back?

SWEET!

Your REALLY convincing me.

B

Balian of Asgard

All new DF players are invincable and cannot be killed or looted for the first paid 30 days of play. You also get a promotional generous amount of gold.
Take that to the bank bro
Go give it a whirl

R

Rumpelstiltskin

edited your post to more accurately reflect your feelings about the game, now kindly leave my thread - I'm here to find people I enjoyed playing with, not people who act half their age and continuously help to **** up the game.

Back on subject... War.. Demonic... whoever else hasn't answered me... have you guys tried DF? are you going to in the future?

you post on my shard u are going to get me sorry kid

D

DemonicTutor

:)

I was planning on playing DF but the release was so bad I decided to hold off until they got their crap together...then I was just kinda like...eh...maybe someday...

@ andsteel - tyvm but I don't plan on returning, I stuck around fer so long hoping uo would be the way it used to be....then finally realized that wasn't possible. Maybe I'll see if my RL friend wants my account, but no big deal if ya toss em..

my house :( i miss my house and my pixels...

M

Morrolan

So the names I saw in Parenthasis (sp) are player guilds, and guilds can literally own towns... at least till someone takes them back?

SWEET!

Your REALLY convincing me.
lol no
the names in parenthesis are alliances. The names before the parenthesis are guilds. There are a ****load of guilds.
The names in smaller letters are the names of the cities, which are chosen by default depending on the area that the city is in. Cities are in set locations with set building plans so there isn't as much city freedom as something like Shadowbane for example. But yes, guilds take control of cities, and you can siege someone else's city with only a 4 hour warning, and then conquer it (assuming you have the siege weapons and the numbers to pull it off)

G

Gellor

DF sounds kind of interesting even with the wall of text you smacked me with:thumbsup:

The only thing that kills me with any of the new online games is the style of perspective. I like the simplistic 3/4 ISO view of UO. The first person view kills me:thumbdown:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
edited your post to more accurately reflect your feelings about the game. I'm here to find people I enjoyed playing with, not people who act half their age and continuously help to **** up the game.
HAHAHA....... Classic.

That pretty much sums up the majority of people left PvPing in UO. A bunch of delusional cheaters who think they actually have any skill beyond downloading some cheat programs.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

edited your post to more accurately reflect your feelings about the game. I'm here to find people I enjoyed playing with, not people who act half their age and continuously help to **** up the game.
HAHAHA....... Classic.

That pretty much sums up the majority of people left PvPing in UO. A bunch of delusional cheaters who think they actually have any skill beyond downloading some cheat programs.

lol i have alawys been a stronger pvper than morrolan, even before anyone ran speed hacks.

K

Krippy

Hey its papa from fl what clan you in on darkfall. I love the game tons of stuff to do all the time. Raids are wild and huge battles are a blast.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll probably youtube some stuff asnd see how game play is, before jumping in Morro... If I decide it's a go I'll Q you.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that didn't sound like an admission either.
I know, but it explains a lot... I have watched since reading that.... That's all im gonna say since we can't talk about that stuffs here... I have to go inject my legs with steroids now cause I can't walk like most everyone else.

P

Prince_Edward_FL

Morro was a really good PvP'er and all round good guild mate in my dealings with him,

Tried Darkfall, ok game, just got turned off when I found out I had to pay to x-fer over to NA server when it was understood that x-fers would be free( or so I thought anyway)
Was in a guild called RAOV, really nice people and good players, we held Aradoth in a multi guild alliance till the Mercs took it, Hate the Mercs for taking the city but love their Style reminds me of FL style.

Playing Mortal Online (beta) really cool game, NDA in effect so can't really disclose much but got me a Limited Edition copy so I can't wait till it goes live. The makers of the game are using UO as their inspiration so it has potential.

take care all

FL was the best guild ever, Cecil and especially Ooji are UO Gods as guild leaders.