• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi everyone, back from a long hiatus

DougofDoom

Visitor
Hello everyone,
I used to play UO off and on over many years and as I ventured off into other games I think it is safe to say that not many games out there that offer as much as UO.
Anyway trying to wrap my head around linking my old account.

That being said... Part of the reason for leaving UO was Population. I played on Pac, and back ine Second age and renni days pac was off the hook. when checked out mondains leg pop was low, if my guildies werent online, pac could be a cold and lonely place.

Are there any known shards that are more active than the other?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to UO!

Atlantic is the only "populated" shard left really, all the other shards only have a handful of people playing them. Pacific and Great Lakes are the medium population shards, but they still don't have anywhere near as many people as Atlantic.

There are also a good amount of people on Atlantic willing to help new and returning players, since the game can be a bit daunting for returning players with all the changes over the years.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello everyone,
I used to play UO off and on over many years and as I ventured off into other games I think it is safe to say that not many games out there that offer as much as UO.
Anyway trying to wrap my head around linking my old account.

That being said... Part of the reason for leaving UO was Population. I played on Pac, and back ine Second age and renni days pac was off the hook. when checked out mondains leg pop was low, if my guildies werent online, pac could be a cold and lonely place.

Are there any known shards that are more active than the other?
Welcome back to UO!

If you want to see larger population, Atlantic is the place you will want to go.

My guild is friendly to newly returning players. You can give me a shout for some more details or check out this link here: United We Fight [UWF]

Good luck!