• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey

N

Noles

I'm new to the community and just wanted to say hi! :) I couldn't find an introductions area but I think this section will be fine?

Anyways, I'm Ryan and glad to be here.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This'll be just fine. Welcome to Stratics. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its good to see your here! Welcome. Mind if I ask what games your into?

N

Noles

Its good to see your here! Welcome. Mind if I ask what games your into?
Mainly Halo, but once GW2 comes out that will be pretty much the only game I play. I've also got Skyrim and ME3 but I got bored of them. I used to play Runescape 8 or 9 years ago, but don't anymore. I've been playing WoW off and on for 5 years now but have stopped completely since last year.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the GW2 folks look to be really solid so far. There is a ton of buzz which is always good I just hope they can do better then TOR but for some reason I think they can.

N

Noles

Well the GW2 folks look to be really solid so far. There is a ton of buzz which is always good I just hope they can do better then TOR but for some reason I think they can.
Better than TOR?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes TOR has already kind of fallen apart its down 25% already.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh its Star Wars the Old Republic. Sorry.

N

Noles

Oh its Star Wars the Old Republic. Sorry.
Oh I always called it SWTOR so I didn't catch that haha but yeah I haven't even played it. I was going to if it didn't have a subscription fee (and that's why GW2 is so awesome).

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We do love our UO here but if your against subs then thats not for you. Although it is fun I think most of us play it or at least have played it. I love it myself.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was looking into it. I just may give it a shot... :D
Well in that case let us know. Stratics is full of helpful people looking for new folks to come to UO. Its a complicated game but you can get up to speed with stratics and a friend.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tidied this thread up a bit.
Well, a lot.

For UO, there are two main communities; UO Stratics and UOForums.
Some people like one, some people like the other, but as a result there's a whole lot of unnecessary rivalry between the users of the two.

For SWTOR, I wouldn't say it's exactly "fallen apart".
Post-launch will always have much greater participation than post-post-launch.
However, it is running afoul of being the new kid in a developed genre, and having an enhanced focus on the levelling story.
People will compare it to games that have years of post-launch development to cater to their core players, whereas SWTOR is more-or-less still straight out of the box.
For many people, "endgame" is where the game starts, but BioWare have emphasised the levelling process as a game with the dialogue and decision trees, and millions and millions of $s of voice acting.

I have a suspicion I won't be able to avoid playing GW2, either, when it's released.

R

Rusko

Where are you located Noles? Ping and Connection is something you should consider... Picking a Server closer to you would obviously be beneficial, but not saying you can't play anywhere either... Just depends on the connection you are comfortable with heh.

N

Noles

Where are you located Noles? Ping and Connection is something you should consider... Picking a Server closer to you would obviously be beneficial, but not saying you can't play anywhere either... Just depends on the connection you are comfortable with heh.
Virginia in the USA.

R

Rusko

Atlantic is prob your best bet "Connection-wise" but its pretty crowded and a bit more expensive because of its larger economy(opinion).

I play on Pacific. I am near the Pittsburgh Area and have just as a good a connection it seems...

You should also look up "Siege Perilous(sp?)" to get an idea of what a "Pre-AOS" shard consists of compared to the regular "Production" shards.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Rusko's right. Atlantic is the closest to you and is the busiest shard, but the drawback is that it's crowded.

N

Noles

I'm downloading the files now. I think it may take all night for this download to finish...

R

Rusko

If you think the install files take forever... Just wait... First patch is the worst haha...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chesy should be close to you as well. Not sure about Cats or GL but I suspect GL is far.

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Noles/Ryan .. Sorry I am a bit Stratics Stupid .. I didnt realize there were forums outside our own for chessy that we could post in and be of any assistance .. Chessy would be good if ur in VA .. :) Ever Tried Diablo 3?