• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hey devs--how bout a fix for old provoke bug?!?

• Thread starter mmmbeer05
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

mmmbeer05

when i or other provokers provoke monsters...pets run back to their masters!!

not annoying for me but very annoying for tamers!!

E

eolsunder1

Yea very annoying problem, provoking makes the 2 target monsters sorta refresh, so any pets on them aren't locked on them anymore thus they run back to their masters. Plus people attacking them aren't locked on them anymore.

Provoke shouldn't affect other players/pets in any way. It should affect the monsters.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I made a thread about this a couple months ago and got plenty of player responses, but no Dev feedback. Lame.

I sometimes run a voker in Doom (just lastnight in fact) when there arn't lots of folks around. You WANT a voker there when there is only a few peeps. But the target loss is a pain in the butt. They need to fix this.

G

Pll have gotten used to the bug, but it is one of those, WTF??? bugs that dont seem to have any reason for being... They should change it for sure, annoying indeed.

G

I've made another full bug report on this one just last week so I know they are at least aware of the situation.

5% Luck

If you use the follow command before useing the kill command on your target then the pets will continue to follow and attack the target regardless of a provoke. Also this will help with a target casting invisi on them selves and pets running back to their masters.
So.

all follow target
all kill target

This works just fine plus as a provoker my self I dont mind geting a lil boost in the damage totals via this bug LOL thx devs!

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you use the follow command before useing the kill command on your target then the pets will continue to follow and attack the target regardless of a provoke. Also this will help with a target casting invisi on them selves and pets running back to their masters.
So.

all follow target
all kill target

This works just fine plus as a provoker my self I dont mind geting a lil boost in the damage totals via this bug LOL thx devs!

[/ QUOTE ]
This "trick" only works for now. With the pet changes there's going to be problems. Also, if you tell the pet to "follow" something it will not return to you after the something is dead or has recalled unless you recommand the pet to follow you again. This is also the core cause of pets who get stuck in that endless "chasing of the invisable" when they die and dart off into the west... or east...

G

<blockquote><hr>

will the new pet ai affect this situation at all?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know as it hasn't been tested.
Right now provoke acts like a peacemake on your pet. You have to command all kill again. I imagine after the AI changes go in if you do not re-command your pet to kill target it will stand there and get attacked till it dies.