• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Hey BTeng while you're in the neighborhood...

T

Tukaram

Thanks for answering our question about secure/release icons but while you are around... I'm not sure which guru you are here but who would we have to bribe to get a graphic of some kind for the spell Holy Light?

Holy Light used to have an awesome spell animation in 3D. No it is more of a flicker. Would love to see a bit more light and less holy. :thumbup1:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed
Exactly!

When they promoted & showed the KR client at the 2007 town hall meetings, Darkscribe (UO Producer Cohen) would spam the holy light on his paladin and everyone would salivate.

I'm a huge advocate to enhance the visuals of UO. It's what new players would notice FIRST.

Watch the demo and see how they spammed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3zobSujXso

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As much as I want a better animation for Holy Light as well, I believe the effect in the linked video wasn;t holy light, but a Hit Lightning weapon.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While they are at it.....

Consecrate weapon in 2d has differing graphics depending on the weapon your holding, bows for bows, mace for mace, so on so forth.. but in the EC it's always just a sword.

Also.... while in the paperdoll I can see my bow if I'm in game facing south and sometimes other directions I can't tell I've got my bow in my hand..... you can't see it.... it's like I'm shooting arrows from an air bow.... just looks funny.