• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hey all color toons

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heard swampie armour, colored by bugs very likely subject to change, and challenges to account ownablitly for too many or there vendors, origin has too few toons now beware!!!!!!!!!!!
save your cash and also it still falls off if not bank sitting!!!!!!!!!!

C

Crystal Canyon

heard swampie armour, colored by bugs very likely subject to change, and challenges to account ownablitly for too many or there vendors, origin has too few toons now beware!!!!!!!!!!!
save your cash and also it still falls off if not bank sitting!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously doubt that anyone is in jeopardy of losing an account over having dyed swampy armor or selling it. LOL

There are many discussions about this on Stratics. UO Hall is one place to check. No one even knows if this is a bug that you are able to dye the armor or something that has been around and never tried.

It just makes sense that sinse you can dye deeds with the Tokuno dyes and the swampy armor is a deed, that you are able to dye them also. Furniture deeds, add ons and such are also dyable, as is player armor and arties.

And selling them on a vendor is no different from spamming them for sell at the bank. I dont think a big scary "BEWARE" is necessary...hehehehe

I

Intoxication

This is something new because you can not dye the old deeds. you can only dye deeds that have been made after the last patch. its not a bug though or a exploit. right now it is unknown if they will make it so that deeds will no longer be able to be dyed but i doubt they will go back and try to find all the deeds that have been dyed up until now and take them away or return them to normal color. really no need to be scared though. just don't be dumb enough to pay more then you would pay for one charge of a tok pigment and a armor deed. You can also dye the deeds with slime. those colors are a little easier on the eyes for all the people out there that think bright colors are going to kill them. I for one like my pretty swampys and the ability to make my char look how ever i want along with their mounts.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is something new because you can not dye the old deeds. you can only dye deeds that have been made after the last patch. its not a bug though or a exploit. right now it is unknown if they will make it so that deeds will no longer be able to be dyed but i doubt they will go back and try to find all the deeds that have been dyed up until now and take them away or return them to normal color. really no need to be scared though. just don't be dumb enough to pay more then you would pay for one charge of a tok pigment and a armor deed. You can also dye the deeds with slime. those colors are a little easier on the eyes for all the people out there that think bright colors are going to kill them. I for one like my pretty swampys and the ability to make my char look how ever i want along with their mounts.
bah truely wish not to see neon red swampies and expect they wont do anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was ablanant attempt to keep eyes from real hurt alli was after u guys defending win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if can call it that as i look at 2 of each color dye tub and think of swampies i dont own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E

Eyes of Origin

To be honest, i like that the deeds can be dyed, they might fix it to where they cant anymore, but i surely dont think they will come after those of us who have ones already dyed. whats the big deal? I like the bright blue, red and purple ones i have and seen. Its honestly no worse than some ppls chars who run around in the bright colors as well.
Can we find something else to complain about? i mean really... its just armor.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Right now, the problem I've seen while X-sharding gifts, is that it's "not just armor"

People are SELLING these "Special hued dragons" that have "better stats" because they are this rare unique color for a lot of money. They are scamming folks that don't read forums (There are a lot of them) and don't know better that the deeds can be dyed by slimes. Hell there are enough people on Origin alone that are surprised by the slimes when they hear about them.

I wouldn't have any issues with the colors, except the neon ones, except for the fact people are being unscrupulous and scamming other players.

I

Intoxication

bah truely wish not to see neon red swampies and expect they wont do anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was ablanant attempt to keep eyes from real hurt alli was after u guys defending win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if can call it that as i look at 2 of each color dye tub and think of swampies i dont own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm WHAT????
I have no idea what he just said.

I haven't really played uo for about two months now other then running my events but the swampys got me to log in. Then after logging in i got a nice house stable pole. Then I started playing a little more. Then I took my poor pets out and feed them a few people. so in a way the swampys got me interested in playing again and made my pets happy. Thanks to who ever it was i was killing for helping me feed them. sorry don't remember names. Would of stayed around longer but I got a 6 year old with pneumonia.

C

Crystal Canyon

Right now, the problem I've seen while X-sharding gifts, is that it's "not just armor"

People are SELLING these "Special hued dragons" that have "better stats" because they are this rare unique color for a lot of money. They are scamming folks that don't read forums (There are a lot of them) and don't know better that the deeds can be dyed by slimes. Hell there are enough people on Origin alone that are surprised by the slimes when they hear about them.

I wouldn't have any issues with the colors, except the neon ones, except for the fact people are being unscrupulous and scamming other players.
So if you dye a deed with the slimes or tokuno dyes it has better stats? Or are you saying that the people who are selling the Swampies are telling folks that the stats are better and they arent?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm saying people are claiming that the swampies are a rare color and have better stats and so should sell for 500k

C

Crystal Canyon

LOL...so like Uo developers to concentrate on the gripes of a few (poor babies with sore eyes) than to spend some time fixing parts in the game that have been broken for years.

Yet I still see a few of the bright silver swampies running around. Was this not an "easy" fix or do they belong to.... uhmmm...certain players?:D

E

Eyes of Origin

I dont think they have done the fix yet. I still see bright red and blue ones running around. Plus all my stabled ones are still brightly colored as well.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel sorry for those who bought the colorful deeds that now will be reverted to iron grey. Maybe some refunds are in order but only with the original reciet.

I

Intoxication

you mean like fixing the bug where everyone can see your stuff flying in the air when you are invised and getting dressed? that would be a good on to fix

C

Crystal Canyon

you mean like fixing the bug where everyone can see your stuff flying in the air when you are invised and getting dressed? that would be a good on to fix
Yes, Intox, that is exactly what I'm talking about. The things broken in the game that deal with our game play should be first priority as far as fixing anything.

I'm amazed at the people who were so against the hued swampy armor because it quote "hurt thier eyes". Pfft...give me a break! What do they do when people come into the bank with the bright colored clothing on? Run? LOL! What if they show up to a spawn wearing it? OMG...the fight is over...they cant see!

What makes less sense is UO giving us these colors of dyes then telling us that we cant use them. What a riot!:D

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually, the point behind fixxing it was because it WASN'T INTENDED. Regine made a post the next day saying "That wasn't supposed to happen".

They prolly will fix more than that at this time too. I just think it's funny folks wasted charges of their pigments of tokuno. Oh well.

At least they're gonna fix the slime event.

C

Crystal Canyon

Actually, the point behind fixxing it was because it WASN'T INTENDED. Regine made a post the next day saying "That wasn't supposed to happen".

They prolly will fix more than that at this time too. I just think it's funny folks wasted charges of their pigments of tokuno. Oh well.

At least they're gonna fix the slime event.

Items "flying through the air" when your invised wasnt "intended" either, but they do...wheres the fix? Not enough complaints about it or not complaints from the right people?

My entire point here is that with any business, you should have your priorities straight. Whats more important here, fixing parts of the game that have an affect on our game play or bowing down to a handful of whinners (who were probably out of dye and was doing the "jealousy complaining")?

I dont think anyone "wasted" any dyes so dont fall on the floor just yet. There are alot of dyes left out there and nothing left to dye with them...LOL

F

Flora Green

The people complaining about the dyes don't like the colors or are rares collectors wanting them to remain rare. There is no excuse to not put ToT1 back in the game save for a handful of whiny people in U.Hall.

If I had 5 mil on an Asian shard I was collecting New Years gifts on I would buy a ToT dye token. I think you get two choices with the token and that's a heck of a lot cheaper than what 1 goes for with full charges on the western shards.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items "flying through the air" when your invised wasnt "intended" either, but they do...wheres the fix? Not enough complaints about it or not complaints from the right people?

My entire point here is that with any business, you should have your priorities straight. Whats more important here, fixing parts of the game that have an affect on our game play or bowing down to a handful of whinners (who were probably out of dye and was doing the "jealousy complaining")?

I dont think anyone "wasted" any dyes so dont fall on the floor just yet. There are alot of dyes left out there and nothing left to dye with them...LOL
I find those things flying through the air very distracting, I want to run over where they are and catch them.