• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hero/Evil dyed items - I say get rid of them! Discuss.

G

I'm really not beginning to like the ability to hero/evil dye items. It makes it so that only you and those in your faction (or companion evil faction) can only use the item. It is beginning to restrict all the good items in this game to faction characters only.

Think about Samurai helms. There is a limited supply of Samurai helms. Sooner or later, if they don't release more Samurai helms, all the Samurai helms will be hero or evil dyed and only those participating in factions will have access to them. Look at the plethora of cursed arties, and how they are all becoming hero/evil dyed.

If there was a way someone could cleanse or purify the item so that it is no longer hero/evil dyed, great. A hero faction character could remove an evil dye by using lifeforce, I could live with it, or even a non-faction character.

Think about...faction character A runs around in all evil dyed items. I kill that character, I get all his stuff, there is nothing I can do with the stuff. All I can do is trash it, or sell it back to his faction, so I get gold. It has now been reduced to a very expensive item insurance method. And with all the good cursed arties and stuff becoming faction dyed, a non-faction character will not be able to compete.

Thoughts?

G

you want to talk about restricted items, I remember a few individuals would buy anything and everything and hide it away in their castles for nobody to use

but hero/evil dyed stuff bothers me not.

G

It is one of the joys of faction. The enemy can not use your good stuff.

Cleansing an item is more code than I will ask for at this time. *smiles*

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

If such dyed items are only usable in Factions then this is what the developers
originally wanted! This game on Siege Perilous is about dominating others in anyway
that is possible. Looks like it should be allowed to happen. Non-Factions people
will just have to either join Factions or play a different game on Siege Perilous.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If such dyed items are only usable in Factions then this is what the developers
originally wanted! This game on Siege Perilous is about dominating others in anyway
that is possible. Looks like it should be allowed to happen. Non-Factions people
will just have to either join Factions or play a different game on Siege Perilous.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it
!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

This however will narrow the scope of your PvP game to Factions.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

then join factions...

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have a faction character. Doesn't mean I believe that items should be restricted to faction characters only.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Is there any other way to pvp?

[/ QUOTE ]I am going to stick to the discussion
of Hero/Evil items. I have come across items of Hero/Evil type and I just
trashed canned them! If I can not use them then no one will!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

N

Nico-SP

why not resell them for a few hundred k?Boy your showing us...lol..u go boy!!!

I

imported_SavageSP

Non Faction Blues butt into faction battles way to much as it is, why reward them with being able to Run Gear they got from Jumping into a fight that didnt concern them. If your Hero and Cant wear the Evil, trade it like everyone else does.

Factions rewards(evil/hero dye/MI) are barely worth the downside of 20 min stat, were trying to get Factions worth playing , not take what little it offers away.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I would like to see is to get rid of faction system all together and bring back Chaos/Order. Every guild must pick a side. If you dont want to fight don't join a guild.

G

Well, of all the problems siege has, I wouldn't rate this one a priority.

So, I'm not actually going to decide or declare a side on this issue.

G

monsterignore is a way bigger faction problem in my opinion. monsterignore should protect you from monsters as long as you dont do anything to monsters or nonfactioneers (not including defending against nonfactioneers). you should be able to keep it up and not get attacked for an hour and kill as many factioneers as you can but break instantly as soon as you do anything against a monster or something else, is that barding, pets, direct damage, taming or anything else like that.

I

imported_SavageSP

I Like that Idea also Mo, Id like to be able to scrap or alter the 4 Faction system and be able to create Factions linked to guild/alliances and have more bases, including luna and umbra. But we need more then MI and reg vendors to get factions hoppin.

G

I agree. I hate monster ignore. Factions are essentially for PvPers, yet they are given a way of doing many PvM things with ease.

C

CoronaExtra

<blockquote><hr>

I agree. I hate monster ignore. Factions are essentially for PvPers, yet they are given a way of doing many PvM things with ease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's so they dont have to worry about the monsters while they PvP in factions?