• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hero dyed

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok someomody update me . can you currently make hero dyed items ?
6 years ago i was told you couldnt make em anymore and were in fact illegal . but i keep hearing referances to them . have they started doing that again ?

whats the scoop on the whole hero white thing ?

I

imported_Goron

Its part of factions. TB and CoM can hero dye stuff with life force. That makes them only wearable by hero faction members (com, tb).
SL and Minax can evil dye stuff, only wearable by evil factions (sl, minax).
Its legal.

I

imported_Goron

also, this is different than having something dyed the same color as hero dye but NOT hero dyed. That, I believe, is illegal. (I may be wrong, anyone?)

P

Paul the Samurai

i think i know what you are talking about unclesham. I recently bought a Boomstick that looked like it was dyed white, maybe it was even "hero" dyed I thought to myself, since the price was pretty low. Imagine when I go to put it on (I am COM) and it says "Only evils can equip this item". WTF, this is EVIL dyed and then dyed again to mask it. Is there another explanation?

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok . so the stuff is factions only ... which means they can dye say a longsword , but i wouldnt be able to equip it if im not faction ?

the broomstick could have been tokono white maybe ... you DO have tokono dyes right ? (ive got tokono dyed broomsticks on LA)

assuming hyptheticly . i DID have some . are they illegal to own ? sell ?
i didnt use any bug to make them . they would have been (hypotheticly of course) part of a scross shard trade 7 years ago. do i dare sell them ? or even speak of them again publicly? . but these increasingly hypothettical items can be used by anyone and they arent any kind of artifact or enhanced at all.

i dont want to break any rules but my guys are seriously broke and ill need gold to buy new stuff for my return.

M

majorwoo

In the future, i wouldn't buy anything from anyone "shady looking" who recommends you "hide them away" as a general rule of life, ok?

That being said, hero dyed items can still be made today.
There are some very old hero dyed items, referred to as pre patch - it used to be anyone could wear those hero dyed items so some very old items are hero dyed and wearable by anyone. Those are also not illegal, just old.

*edit*
Calm down man. Nothing illegal, stop editing you posts 100x!

G

Yes, you can use tokunu dyes on top of hero/evil dyed things. If you have any question about whether or not a dyed item is hero/evil dyed, ask the person you are buying it from to put it on a non-faction character. If a non-faction character can put it on, it's not hero/evil dyed.

M

majorwoo

well, it could be pre patch hero/evil but that would just up it's value - not lower it.