• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Herman Toothrot´s Crescent Island Pirate Retreat and Bar

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow Siegeians,

first of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who gave me such a warm welcome on Siege! And there are so many, that I cannot list them all here. You Sirs and Ladies were wonderful to me! Thank you! I think, Freja´s PR-attack on Stratics is quite successful as I have seen many players taking a chance on that miraculous place.

Honestly, as a hardcore trammie with the life of a fat Hobbit, I could have never imagined to live here. But if there was one thing that really annoyed me: the item-based playstyle of the prodo-shards and the completely insane economy. It´s simply a relief to see, that hunting all the old places on Siege makes perfectly sense - aswell as farming resources and gathering gold and loot. Life here is "normal" as it should be, not focused on insanely overpriced high-end-stuff and the collection of rare and uber-rare pixels that nobody needs. I feel much better now and play the game as it was meant to be.

However, one thing still annoys me: There are too many housing spots filled with ugly houses that nobody visits. I travelled around with my boat for some weeks to find all the lovely spots and learned, that the shard is quite full... That woke ambition in me: After I placed a lovely home right in the center of Safe Haven - which turned out as the perfect spot for starting on Siege and getting in touch to some lovely and decent folks, I decided to open a Pirate Retreat and Bar on the shores of somewhere. First I placed a 11x15 house at the most southern end of Britannia (the "Florida" of the continent) - but the house was small and there was ugly spawn following me every day (Dark Whisps IN MY HOUSE!!!).

One lovely day, Mr. Tyrath saw me sailing at his shores and he wrote about that somewhere. I contacted him and told him that I would love to build my second house on an Island. He showed me some places (my first preference were some Tokuno Islands but guess what: FULL!). And we landed on Crescent Island. Two nice spots we found there, but old IDOC-remnants were blocking the place. Mr. Tyrath sailed back to his home - and I contacted a GM, who showed up about 2 min after I paged him! (Who ever says, they never show up, never react, never help: That´s nonsense! In my 10 years in UO I paged 3 x GMs and 2 x Mesanna herself and in all 5 situations I got exactly the help I asked for!).

After he deleted those three Little statues on the ground he bowed to me and went away. "Fine spot for housing!", he said - and "Puff!" Gone!

Finally, I placed a 13x16 house which is quite large enough for my purposes. And here now is the result (@Freja, the surprise ;-) Can you find the bear you gave me?):

HERMAN TOOTHROT´S CRESCENT ISLAND PIRATE RETREAT AND BAR

Total

Ground Floor

First Floor

Second Floor

It´s not perfect as I can always use more deco, banners for example, loot, ropes, anchors, maritime stuff etc. But I am planning to stay here for longer!

So, if you want to come by for a mug of rhum or a bottle of ale, you are warmly welcome. The house is public, only the private rooms are accessible exclusively to friends. Maybe some of you feel now invited to come and PK me, because I am publicly announcing the opening of my bar - but that does not matter. I am not carrying around valuable stuff :)

Thank you all for being so nice people as you in fact are!

And I hope, we can go hunting soon! I would love to do some peerless with you! I need DECO!!!

Best wishes!

Dr. Alzheimer - Herman Toothrot

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You build wonderful houses Sir. I do see the bear, he looks happy for his new home.

I'm a little worried for your bedroom, so close to the sea, I would fear a storm would be hard on it :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once Mongbat gets the cargo hold restocked with lumber, cloth, and cannon balls you will see the "Wettest Dream" sailing past the bar on a regular basis on its way to Southern Waters to hunt the pirates :) Mongbat has learned a well stocked cargo hold is important when you get lucky enough to get swamped and another pirate ship parks on the opposite side of you....... 60k boards and cloth in the hold at all times now!

I will miss your old bar, got to where I was stopping there to make ship repairs before heading to the floating market. LOL and it was also my Marker of where to go east to the next island and then NW. But glad to have a friendly neighbor just across the channel! Hope you enjoy the island life as much as I do :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you're missing a parrot and monkeys (or at least a gorilla)! can gorillas be stuffed like that bear?
a pirate den without a parrot...what's this world coming to?! next thing you're telling me is that Herman Toothrot is using dental hygene products on a regular basis and his breath smells of roses...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate huntin would work a lot better with 2-3 people........ Ideally 5 then we could all hit the bar and get drunk before poking the dread pirate with looted carrots all the way to the floaty place :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege isn't a place where you simply can buy everything on vendors. You could go hunting peerless with me ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate huntin would work a lot better with 2-3 people........ Ideally 5 then we could all hit the bar and get drunk before poking the dread pirate with looted carrots all the way to the floaty place :)
I go with you, captain, sir!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow Siegeians,

first of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who gave me such a warm welcome on Siege! And there are so many, that I cannot list them all here. You Sirs and Ladies were wonderful to me! Thank you! I think, Freja´s PR-attack on Stratics is quite successful as I have seen many players taking a chance on that miraculous place.

Honestly, as a hardcore trammie with the life of a fat Hobbit, I could have never imagined to live here. But if there was one thing that really annoyed me: the item-based playstyle of the prodo-shards and the completely insane economy. It´s simply a relief to see, that hunting all the old places on Siege makes perfectly sense - aswell as farming resources and gathering gold and loot. Life here is "normal" as it should be, not focused on insanely overpriced high-end-stuff and the collection of rare and uber-rare pixels that nobody needs. I feel much better now and play the game as it was meant to be.

However, one thing still annoys me: There are too many housing spots filled with ugly houses that nobody visits. I travelled around with my boat for some weeks to find all the lovely spots and learned, that the shard is quite full... That woke ambition in me: After I placed a lovely home right in the center of Safe Haven - which turned out as the perfect spot for starting on Siege and getting in touch to some lovely and decent folks, I decided to open a Pirate Retreat and Bar on the shores of somewhere. First I placed a 11x15 house at the most southern end of Britannia (the "Florida" of the continent) - but the house was small and there was ugly spawn following me every day (Dark Whisps IN MY HOUSE!!!).

One lovely day, Mr. Tyrath saw me sailing at his shores and he wrote about that somewhere. I contacted him and told him that I would love to build my second house on an Island. He showed me some places (my first preference were some Tokuno Islands but guess what: FULL!). And we landed on Crescent Island. Two nice spots we found there, but old IDOC-remnants were blocking the place. Mr. Tyrath sailed back to his home - and I contacted a GM, who showed up about 2 min after I paged him! (Who ever says, they never show up, never react, never help: That´s nonsense! In my 10 years in UO I paged 3 x GMs and 2 x Mesanna herself and in all 5 situations I got exactly the help I asked for!).

After he deleted those three Little statues on the ground he bowed to me and went away. "Fine spot for housing!", he said - and "Puff!" Gone!

Finally, I placed a 13x16 house which is quite large enough for my purposes. And here now is the result (@Freja, the surprise ;-) Can you find the bear you gave me?):

HERMAN TOOTHROT´S CRESCENT ISLAND PIRATE RETREAT AND BAR

Total

Ground Floor

First Floor

Second Floor

It´s not perfect as I can always use more deco, banners for example, loot, ropes, anchors, maritime stuff etc. But I am planning to stay here for longer!

So, if you want to come by for a mug of rhum or a bottle of ale, you are warmly welcome. The house is public, only the private rooms are accessible exclusively to friends. Maybe some of you feel now invited to come and PK me, because I am publicly announcing the opening of my bar - but that does not matter. I am not carrying around valuable stuff :)

Thank you all for being so nice people as you in fact are!

And I hope, we can go hunting soon! I would love to do some peerless with you! I need DECO!!!

Best wishes!

Dr. Alzheimer - Herman Toothrot
Excellent use of the tilesets, love it! :D

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you ladies and gentlemen! I simply love customizing. Could do it all day long. If only people would pay me for the job

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have several parrots you can have. Also, the salvage hook from Exploring the Deep makes nice sea deco. I have some of those as well. When you see me in game yell and tell me what you need.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it is quite nifty! Love the bear. And Siege as well, for all the reasons you cite :)

When I look at homes like yours I marvel at the patience some people possess. For me, all it takes is the third time I try to place something, only to have it fly off somewhere and land with a willful sound, to get me screaming at my computer screen while looking for nearby objects to throw and destroy. :eek:

Outstanding job, sir!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I placed a mailbox under the wooden watchtower behind the cherry blossom tree. Just in case you guys find nice pirate deco. I was able to purchase a parrot, but I got no perch :eek:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

The Box in a Box, our house on Siege, first floor

2nd floor, bedrooms, bath, crafting area

Back on the first floor, Reindeer area, could use a few more, hard to catch on Siege, ;)

3rd floor, display area. A work in progress, as we get more items we will display them.

Garden area, another work in progress

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a parrot vendor living in Zento...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think one of Sara's vendors does.
Check the same shop or Vernia Market in New Mag.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will put a package in your mail box either tonight or tmrw. With a still and some looted liquor and liquor kegs. Might be easier if I just friend you to the smuggler house and throw stuff in some friend chest that you can just go through and pick and choose :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Mongbat visited me today and gave me a crate full of mainly alcoholic beverages. Thanks so much. And I got my pet parrot and a perch. Now I am searching for ropes, a banana tree, a rubble pier part and an anchor. Maybe somebody want to trade something. I can pay also, since I got some gold meanwhile.

Best wishes and Yarrrrrr!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will drop ropes off for you as I get them. Since I drift right by there on the way to port :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont have to give them as a present, my dear neighbour. I feel ashamed. I could help you hunting and you pay me with a rope :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Check yer mail.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my! What a generous gesture: Thank you, Kelmo, for the rubble pier part, the banana tree, the ropes and the nice big fish! Now the next step: Building the Crescent Island Docks and Harbour Administration... ;-)

Thank you everybody for the help - I really fell in love with that old game. Had some moments when I was tired of it, but Siege and you guys woke me up again :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont have to give them as a present, my dear neighbour. I feel ashamed. I could help you hunting and you pay me with a rope :)
Going to have limited time in game the next week or so. Had some very strong winds here that destroyed the film on my high tunnel. Now I am at risk of losing my RL Raised Beds. Have some low 20s over nights coming up, so going like crazy building individual row covers and putting plastic over them. LOL I put a video of the wind ripping it up on the Thunder 5 Ranch FB page. Winds had dropped back to about 35-40 mph when I made the video. Anyway gotta get the veggies covered or I am going to lose 1/4th of my income IRL for 2016 :( After I get past the latest disaster we will do some hunting together :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, sounds terrible. :-(

You think it has to do with the strange weather we all got globally due to El Nino?

I wish you all the best!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na we get strong winds from the SW here pretty regular. Most of our weather and wind swirls up from the gulf. The problem this time is one of the kids that works for me didn't tie down one of the roll up door ropes. The wind was hitting just right to start breaking the rest of the ropes up the door. Basically turned the tunnel into a balloon and it got blown up until it popped. LOL Kid is worried I am going to fire him, or beat his ..... Told him he made a mistake, we all make mistakes and we learn from them, do that again though and I will beat your hind quarters and then fire you. As it is only about $2,000 in parts to get fixed, going to be 6 weeks before some of those parts get here though :( Could have been worse...... It can always be worse :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, finally I realized a dream of mine. Again, with the help of a GM, a nice spot beneath my pirate bar was cleared of old statuettes that blocked the housing spot. And then I placed the...

CRESCENT ISLAND DOCKS AND HARBOUR ADMINISTRATION

From a bird´s perspective you can now see my little personal township with two buildings and four facilities in total: Pirate Retreat, Watchtower and Bar on the left (I showed it in detail at the beginning of this thread) and now new: the docks and harbour administration, with a watchtower and an alarm bell...

Both buildings are located at a natural little bay that can harbour even large ships. So, travellers are welcome to Crescent Island (I know, you guys call it "Horseshoe"-Island, but Tyrath introduced the island to me as Crescent Island, which is far more poetic, if you ask me...)...

The docks...

Storage facilities, Harbour Administration and Lift to the Watchtower...

Treasury room... (not many treasures in there, but I am new on Siege, you know... Will take some time ;-) )

Watchtower and alarm bell...

Thanks to everybody who helped! See ya all - and best wishes!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, that one barrel on the balcony does not fit right in there... Have to change it ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Mr. Igg, Sir! And you see, the tree-stumps ALMOST look like pier parts! ;-)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Mongbats take over an island on Siege....... Goblins on another island on Chessy.......... Wonders where all of the ORCs went...........

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have enjoyed the conversation in this thread almost as much as I've enjoyed looking at the deco. I love the way you used the logs to add to the feel of a pier. I also like the way you fit the building to an island theme. Impressive given the limited supplies on Siege.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much. So many people donated deco - it was a blast. This thread is kinda outdated now, I added alot of new stuff :)