• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hep returning player!

I’m a returning player after 10 or more years. i want to see what I have left on any old characters,or just play /start new ones. Should I pay for a subscription? Or play another way? I am not into pvp and would like to stay away from that. Where to go first? I’m not even sure if I’m posting this to the right forum. I’d like to develop trade skills. If a moderator thinks this post belongs elsewhere, please move it!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I moved your post to the more popular forum.

UO has a free to play option now, so you can easily log in to check your characters and stuff whenever you want with no obligation.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will see all of your players. There is an event going on right now that will end soon.

What shard did you play?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great Lakes. Is he talking about uo alive.? I’ve heard of only that. Any pvp there? Room to grow.?
UO has a free to play version called Endless Journey. It has restrictions, but you can see what characters you have and get used to the mechanics of basic play.

Then you can subscribe for a month for the cost of a fast food meal and see how you like the game. Many things have changed. Lots more stuff to do.

Would be easier to find a house on GL.

Welcome aboard and ask questions before you get frustrated.

mihali

Sage
Welcome back. Agree with Pawain, GL is a good option, decent player base. Busiest shard is ATL. Recommend learn the Enhanced Client, due to ease of use functions. You will find good folks in both ATL and GL, willing to help with info and starting stuff. The "free" UO option is extremely limited. Use the one-two month subscription is much better, then you may decide better.

Welcome back. Agree with Pawain, GL is a good option, decent player base. Busiest shard is ATL. Recommend learn the Enhanced Client, due to ease of use functions. You will find good folks in both ATL and GL, willing to help with info and starting stuff. The "free" UO option is extremely limited. Use the one-two month subscription is much better, then you may decide better.
What r the limitations for uo alive vs regular monthly subscription?

Not Ringo Jingo

Visitor
UNLEASHED
What r the limitations for uo alive vs regular monthly subscription?
UO alive has a banking system, housing, and access to the entire game, though it doesn't have pvp. You can't take your characters from UO alive and bring them to the regular UO.

A regular subscription for less than the price of several cups of coffee, depending on how much you pay for coffee, you get the same access but you also have the choice to interact with pvp.

mihali

Sage
I just started EC a few months ago and it blew my mind : It is a totally new game for me. I use the CC character graphics also. The tweak to fps solved the problem with the visuals, you have to play with it a little. Graphics are awesome for me now. The Ocean/Sea looks sweet! I like spell graphics also. But the most massive upgrade is the ability to create legal macros and functions, and also auto-targeting. Never tried it for years mostly due to all the negativity spewed about it in the forums. Huge upgrade to the ease of use, hard to believe it was there all the time. Worth giving it a try. One complaint only: Lack of a library of macros and examples, though you can figure out most by yourself.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just started EC a few months ago and it blew my mind : It is a totally new game for me. I use the CC character graphics also. The tweak to fps solved the problem with the visuals, you have to play with it a little. Graphics are awesome for me now. The Ocean/Sea looks sweet! I like spell graphics also. But the most massive upgrade is the ability to create legal macros and functions, and also auto-targeting. Never tried it for years mostly due to all the negativity spewed about it in the forums. Huge upgrade to the ease of use, hard to believe it was there all the time. Worth giving it a try. One complaint only: Lack of a library of macros and examples, though you can figure out most by yourself.
There are some good posts about macros and how to create them on the official Game Forums as well as some on these forums. But yeah, they are fairly easy to figure out.