• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Helpful Hints If you find yourself with the "Avatar Leasing Error"

G

Since this hasn't been fixed yet, and from what I've read hasn't been addressed, I have some helpful hints that could possibly get you from Greyed out and stuck in that house to a Free Sim.

Free at last... Free at last.....Thank God Almighty I'm Free At Last!

If you find yourself with the Avatar Leasing Error, try each of these tips to free yourself:

1st tip- Log completely out of The Sims Online. Shut the game off. Count to 20, Re-Log.

2nd Tip- Log Completely out of The Sims Online. Log in with another Sim FROM THE SAME ACCOUNT. Either one that lives in the same city, or one that lives in another city.

3rd Tip- Clean your 'puter! With Internet Explorer open in the upper right hand side you will see a pull down window named "Tools" Click it, then go down to "Internet Options". When it pops up Click "Delete Browsing History" Remember to check the box so everything gets cleaned. *Warning- This will erase all saved pages and passwords you have recently visited, but will NOT erase your saved list or favorite websites. Re-log to the Sims Online.

4th Tip- Kick your computer! No... just kidding. If you are using duel clients to run The Sims Online *Disclaimer, Don't yell at me for saying this tip or I shall not bake you bologna covered muffins anymore! Open the first Sims Online Client, Log into your account and hover in City View. Open the second Sims Online Client with the SAME ACCOUNT and try to enter a house. Try 2 or 3 times until it works.

5th Tip- Wait until Morning Maintence. All stuck sims get unstuck after Maintence when they shut the servers down. So if all else fails, you'll be free at Maintence. I know it sucks, been there done that.

6th Tip- Kindly ask the Owner or Roomie to reset the house for you. (I have yet to see this work successfully on a really stuck sim who is greyed out).

I hope some or all of these tips work to help you from being a stuck, sad simmy. But there are a few things YOU can do to prevent being stuck!

1- When leaving to go to another property, Use the phone to leave first, then direct yourself to the next property. Seems alot of sims are getting stuck by trying to jump from house to house.

2- If your on a slower internet connection like Dial Up, don't visit houses with 31 people in them. The lag alone will kill you, not to mention the chances of getting a stuck sim are high. Try to stick to houses with 10 or less people if your on this type of connection.

3- Reduce that lag! See the time down there on the right hand side of your screen? You see all those programs open and running? Which ones don't need to be open and running while you play the sims? Right click and exit them, it'll cause less lag to your computer. Plus you can always turn them back on when your done playing.

4- If you find yourself stuck at 50% wait until you see the Cancel Button pop up, then hit Cancel to go to the Pick A Sim Screen. Patience is a virtue Grasshoper!

I hope you all have an enjoyable, smooth Simmy expierence. That's all for today folks!

-This message paid for by the "Send Nymph to Uranus College Fund" and "Southwest Florida Mental Hospitals of Charlotte County"

G

I hope so, alot of simmys are getting stuck with this error and personally I've tried all this tips myself.

The duel client logging tip has always worked for me. Sometimes the logging in and out works, sometimes I had to wait until maintence. Guess it just depends on how stuck your simmy is, lol!

M

mariotso

having the lot reset has helped me a few times. if they were there and not too busy, people were happy to help.

thanks for this info, there are a few things i will try next time. btw, what type shoes work best for puter kicking?

G

Steel toe with Magnets duck taped to the ends. Those always work!

G

Try logging out and waiting 15 minutes (the "time-out" limit).

This worked for me several times, but never worked for my wife.
But, it's worth a try before doing something more drastic.

G

Isn't it almost Murphy's Law that after I write that I get the Avatar Leasing Error again....

On a serious note, last time I checked I pay $9.99 a month to play this game. Now this is the second time I've had this error and not even all of my own tips worked to purge me. So this is 2 days out of 31 that I have missed, not to mention the time that's been missed for Emergency Maintence.

It's almost to the point where it's just not fair and seriously needs to be fixed. I don't know how much longer I'll keep my 3 accounts active if it's not fixed soon. That's not a threat, it's just common sense. If I can't play, why pay?

M

MandiK

Does the error only affect one sim or all the ones you can have on an account? We have 6 spaces, and althoguh I know people get atatched to one certain sim sometimes, we have lots more space to make new sims, and have fun!

G

It actually has happened to 2 Sims on 2 Seperate accounts today. Yes I can play other sims, but I pay every month to play 2 Production Sims and 3 TC3 Sims for each account, that's what I should be able to play regardless.

They've known about this error for awhile now. Something needs to be done as soon as they come back from Vacation. That's all I ask really.

And Mandi, one of my stuck sims lives in a store, where I sell my custom chairs. So when they are all sold out, I cannot restock them for a full day until Maintence the next day, so it does become more of an issue of just playing another sim and having fun ya know. But I totally get what your saying.

G

this is 2 days out of 31 that I have missed

Is this happening in the production cities? Or only in TC3? The last I heard, "TC" stands for TEST CENTER. If you want to be a tester, you have to expect a few glitches, don't you?

P

Paul Neruda

I am currently experiencing the Avatar Leasing Error in Alphaville. I will wait until tomorrow and try again. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal.

G

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sim in TC3 - use phone to go to to work in the robot factory - I got stuck entering the factory at 50%.

Have logged out and back in - still stuck:(

Have logged the same sim back on while the original one is still online - yes it booted the original but.... - still stuck

Have patched to BF and back to TC3 - still stuck:(

Have cold booted my PC - still stuck:(

Have waited till the end of the shift, when the property is closed - still stuck:(

NOT A HAPPY SIMMY

Happy new year everyone
(23.54 UK time)

G

Actually, I've noticed if you get the error when trying to enter work, Your pretty much stuck there until Maintence the next morning.

I think it has alot to do with the fact that there is no actual "Owner" at a work place and that these lots are always open.....

To answer a previous question, the Avatar Leasing Error is happening in TC3 as well as ALL production Cities. It is not exclusive to TC3.

G

It doesn't always work, but logging in on the same account a second time (while you are still logged in) using the client.exe seems to have a pretty good success rate in unsticking a stuck sim.

Polly

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

for 9.99 a month, you should get 3 prod city sims, and 6 tc3 sims....or however you create it, 2 prod city sims and 7 tc3 sims....so you got some creating to do :p

I

Ivy Greenleafe

I've been paying and playing almost two months, now, and incredibly frustrated with the quality of gameplay....all of the above, in other words.....In the last week, I've had the avatar leasing error several times - and I patiently observed all the "rules" in order to avoid this malady. One day my main sim was stuck IN HER OWN HOUSE no less. I tried everything! Except clearing the cookies....never thought of that, lol, and it might have worked! But I shut my computer down for the better part of 2 hours while I made dinner and ate it. When I came back, she was still stuck, so I played another sim (of course - and he could come and go in the house, funnily enough) and asked around for advice. I finally had to wait till maintenance.
But the point comes back to this: why pay for a whole lot of frustration? I understand it's in test mode, but some of these bugs have been around for much longer than I've been playing.....