• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help?

Zurn77

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello

Returning player from off and on. Want to go Tamer. Have a token. Will probably be playing solo most the time.

What would be a good temp for a solo player tamer?

Any suggestions would be great

Zurn

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellweave, tame, lore, vet x120
mage 100
med
Mystic for stoneform

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Zurn77

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Pawain. I had looked at this, but some were older so was curious if anything had changed since then. just so many templates.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Pawain. I had looked at this, but some were older so was curious if anything had changed since then. just so many templates.
So many work. It depends how what you want. Easy, Group, Solo, etc.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Base of Tamer mage is 120 Taming, Lore, Vet. This will give you all the skill based bonus stable slots and get rid of any issues when you level pets. Later you can omit/soul stone off Vet if you want to change the template.

Recommended 110 magery. Never fail gate or mass dispel. Mass dispel will be used when you beat down some pets that need it in order to be tamed.

If you want to explore Fel, or plan to make a character on Siege add Hiding and Resist. It's also helpful if your connection is slow, or to give yourself some margin of protection from dying. It's a good basic template for an explorer/PvM type on a ridable pet. Downsides, not that flashy and lacking that extra something sometimes.

Discord can be added to a pet now, so really there's not much reason to use points in bard skills unless you find that play style fun.

You'll want to get your book of mastery, and if you get a Level 3 Animal Taming, you'll want to build an armor set that allows you to run the pet healing perk. Also, if you have Taming Mastery on, it will give you more stable slots. High end skill gain also can be done much more easily by repeated casting of Mastery L1 spell and cancelling it.