• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
My plant says it needs cure potions. I add the potion, it's consumed, I hear the sound, but it doesn't show it added to the plant menu! HELP! I am using greater potions.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay.... now it happened with the other keg. I don't think anyone but me is using bowls anymore ;) I just had a great quantity of plants I wanted to do at once. Anyway the same thing happened again. The plant wouldn't register the potion. So you gotta drink the potion or toss it out or whatever. Then when I pour a fresh potion from the same keg everything is fine again. Super weird.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally use beds nowadays but I can plant a couple of seeds in a bowl to see if I can duplicate it. Are the bowls locked down in your house or in your inventory?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, I just came to this forum to see if this was an old bug. I recently started to build up my seed collection so I'm growing plants the old fashioned way and couldn't figure out why I can't always apply greater poison potions. I don't have any issues with Greater cure. I don't use kegs, I use bottles but the bug happens with both. Simple but annoying workaround - move the bottles in your bag. I'm using the classic client so don't know if this makes a difference, but anytime I try to apply a potion and it doesn't work I just pick up the bottles and move them in the bag...then it works again for awhile. You could probably make some sort of macro for this but I'm too lazy to experiment.

As for what's causing the bug? I think it has something to do with id tags on the potion stacks. My botanist is also my alchemist and when the greater poison potions stop working I mix up a few more greater poison potions and they won't stack with the previous stack of "bugged" potions. Then when the new stack of potions stops working I make more, and those won't stack with the previous two stacks. You can taste ID the potions but they still won't stack, so you have to drop them in a keg and pour them out again. Or just do what I suggested earlier - move them around your bag to get them working again. I also have this problem with Greater Heal potions on plants but I don't use them very often. I've never had the bug with Greater Cure or Greater Strength potions. Weird, huh?

Last edited:

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh man; I was just setting out pots to start a major seed-building effort. This is gonna suck -- but thanks for the heads' up. :confused: