• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a knowledgeable, but dreadful player. I've never done any peerless, I've never done Navrey, or the Stygian Dragon, or Slasher.

Is anyone willing to drag me along on a hunt sometime and risk me doing the wrong thing at the wrong time?
Do I even have a character that's suitable for the job?
I have a peace tamer, a stealth shepherd and a very mediocre half trained swordswoman. Did I mention I'm a lousy player too?
My chief phobias are: Not pulling my weight, letting everyone down and being more of a liability than an asset. These are what have gotten in the way for so long that it's taken me till now to ask for this help.

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my Blackthorn, you are my female-long-lost-twin! Saying that, I used to do a few peerless back in the day, when there were daily public peerless hunts starting in Umbra ... with my role being: standing in the way, getting killed over-and-over again and not really achieving anything else. you should see Adol and me going on a treasure hunt: he's killing everything while I am trying to be alive long enough to cause confusion. I'd love to do another peerless though ....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done Melisande twice with my hubby - mostly frozen in indecision and trying to follow 99k shouted instructions from him all at once. :(

I missed most of the organised hunts while trying to get Stratics site upto date. :(

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RAAM guild is doing all that and we are all differnt in skill levels. We are above average age even for being UO players.. we takes all sorts of guests, even role players with rp armour. We look after eachoter. Sure we die, but we have fun and its no prob if you mess up totally. Even if we have Military as last word in our guild name we are far from organised, but we get things done somehow . Prob is we hunt Thursdays and Sundays at 7.30 UK time so we collide with EM events all of the time. But you are welcome to join us anytime!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh... can I come on Peerless too? I want to hunt down the statue rewards! And Petra, fortunately in Ultima Online party death doesn't really affect the event, there's nothing that eats your corpse and gain strength, no exploding player bodies... even a whack with a shepherds crook adds just that little bit more damage, so don't feel guilty about performance!

Except for John II, he should feel very guilty indeed!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a knowledgeable, but dreadful player. I've never done any peerless, I've never done Navrey, or the Stygian Dragon, or Slasher.

Is anyone willing to drag me along on a hunt sometime and risk me doing the wrong thing at the wrong time?
Do I even have a character that's suitable for the job?
I have a peace tamer, a stealth shepherd and a very mediocre half trained swordswoman. Did I mention I'm a lousy player too?
My chief phobias are: Not pulling my weight, letting everyone down and being more of a liability than an asset. These are what have gotten in the way for so long that it's taken me till now to ask for this help.
*Doesn't remember Petra being any of those negative things*

*Remembers Petra as best hunting partner EVER*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) we did ok as a pair of warriors cross healing - but that's a while ago, before Bushido and peerless. We didn't fight anything as nasty as what there is now.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except for John II, he should feel very guilty indeed!
Why?! Only because I got killed by a snake last time we dug up a chest? Only because that blasted critter prevented me from casting healing on myself and my dragon ran off and so I died a really, really painful and slow death while the initial chest spawn plucked you to pieces and the whole thing was a desaster?! Because of THAT!? Some people simply can't let go ....

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
John you are welcome as well when the EMs dont compete with us any Thursday or Sunday! We do circle at Brit bank at 8 cet thoose days and other days too if we do some inbetween hunts.

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to have been a bit late to answer. I am sure all guidlies will be more than happy to welcome you both Petra and John. We like "casual" players as well :) As Minerva said we are running "official" guild hunts twice a week. It can be peerlesses of any kind, somethimes champ spawns and sometimes... something else. We are liking kind of variety in our fun hours... If you wanna meet/join it will be a pleasure to welcome you both. Please feel free to contact me or Minerva at your convenience, See you soon,

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why?! Only because I got killed by a snake last time we dug up a chest? Only because that blasted critter prevented me from casting healing on myself and my dragon ran off and so I died a really, really painful and slow death while the initial chest spawn plucked you to pieces and the whole thing was a desaster?! Because of THAT!? Some people simply can't let go ....
Oh it's not the death-inating; but that thing you do with your hands? Very bad :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not implying that I pinched your bait, do you? It wasn't me! Hey, let's buddy up with Lady Foxglove and her chums and spread some mayhem there! And if even Petra shows up we should be able to bring doom over their guild *g*

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think you have my icq and i tend to do alot of all those things and mainly solo so whatever you can do to assist is extra firepower so i would happily take you or go with a good reliable (i have a char in it) guild such as RAAM and i guess yes im a bit older than the normal uo demographic but i do wish mim hadnt have pointed out the fact we are ermmm older

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not implying that I pinched your bait, do you? It wasn't me! Hey, let's buddy up with Lady Foxglove and her chums and spread some mayhem there! And if even Petra shows up we should be able to bring doom over their guild *g*
I'm up for it yes; but that thing you do with your hands is still very bad ... and I'm probably showing my age when I remember said show!

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Doom: did anybody do the Gauntlet lately. Is anybody still doing it? I only took part years ago and it was ... saddening. Would like to give it another try, though. I have lots of Golden Skulls.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of Doom: did anybody do the Gauntlet lately. Is anybody still doing it? I only took part years ago and it was ... saddening. Would like to give it another try, though. I have lots of Golden Skulls.
We do the guantlet sometimes too.